Waterpik Ultra Review

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Y'know, I've always wanted a Waterpik water flosser. Something about the idea of power washing my mouth has always been appealing. Don't know why I never bought one. Instead, I have always used string floss.

No longer. Amy came home from the dentist saying he had recommended she get a Waterpik. That was enough for me. I dialed up Amazon and ordered it on Prime. Also ordered extra floss wands because I still have three people at home and the Waterpik Ultra only comes with two regular jet wands. I'm not going to share.

Waterpik showed up in two days and I read the instructions, watched a couple youtube videos on how to use it and how to maintain it (you don't want mold growing inside it).

Power knob goes up to 10. Videos suggested starting about half that and increasing the force every few days so my gums could get used to it. I turned the knob to 5, filled the tank with warm water, put the wand in my mouth and flipped the on switch.

Hmm. Not bad (glug, glug). Easy to use and not too painful. I could see a couple pieces of food fragments come out and splash into the sink. I used a tank on the uppers and a tank on the lowers and then reflected on the feeling.

Clean. My teeth feel clean. Almost dental cleaning clean. I ran the water out of the tube, wiped the machine down and put my wand away for the next day.

Nearly a week has gone by. I turned the power up a bit each day and am now at 8. 8 is more potent than 5, for sure. I wonder what 10 will be like.

Advantage: Clean feeling teeth. If I run my tongue over the usual plaque areas, they feel smooth and clean. Almost looking forward to my next dental visit when they will say "Oh, you have a Waterpik". Also, the water jet can get all the way around the tooth, not just between like string floss.

Disadvantage: Gotta be careful or the water will make a mess. Pursing the lips around the tip and either dribbling or closing and opening a little just to purge the mouthful of water both work OK. Jet is getting powerful at 8 so I have to keep my tongue out of the way. Maintenance on the machine is going to be a small pain. Have to run bleach or something through it weekly to prevent mold.

Overall: Awesome product. Only $58 on Amazon now which I think will be made up quickly by better dentist visits. Gotta be a good idea to keep the plaque off the teeth.

You guys have one of these? Like? Dislike?

Amazon.com: Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser: Beauty

81fYIdAJZGL._SY679_.jpg

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I have a cordless one from amazon I used for awhile. I really liked it but you can tell when the battery is starting to go dead.

I then couldnt find the cable to recharge it. I might just get a cordless waterpik. I like that since I usually did that in the shower after brushing my teeth. No worry on making a mess.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info