Xmas bonus.

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Kinda just a rant, I guess. But for the past 10 years we have gotten a bonus. And this year, we get a box of fucking chocolates.

What a kick in the fucking dick. I look as like this....

Thank you for your past 10 years of service, 10+ hours a day. 6 days a week, making sure our fleet is constantly up and running and within DOT regulation along with plowing the lots and making sure the everything is working properly in the office and warehouses. Hare's a box of chocolates Merry Christmas.

Feel free to bitch if you got the same treatment.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Yeah, I've never really received a Christmas Bonus, until this year when my current company flew my office down to LA for a weekend. And at the Christmas party, they did a live auction with monopoly money for lots of awesome gifts, like ipads, laptops, patio furniture, cash envelopes, large gift certificates, etc. Much better than the white elephant gift exchanges at my old firm...

And my company bonuses in September, so I'll wait till then for the real $.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Bonus? What's that?!?! :huh:

I work for my Father In Law. He used to give decent bonuses, have huge holiday parties, gave EVERYBODY AND THEIR FAMILIES gifts at Christmas, and took a lot of people to Cabo every year. The time I started dating my wife, that's when the economy started going to shit. He was no longer able to give stuff like that away and it made it harder to get more jobs. So it's been an uphill struggle with barely making it for a few years, but now finally starting to get stuff coming in. Times get hard and companies have to cut back.

But you also have huge companies trying to save more money by screwing over the little employees while only the higher ups get the bonuses.

When it comes to overtime and bonues....never expect it to be a sure thing. Those can always be taken away. It sucks, but it is what it is. I knew a few people who worked for Home Depot for 10, 15, 20 years. On a decade anniversary they usually give out nice bonuses to the employees. ($5,000+ depending on how long of employment). Well, Home Depot would fire those guys right before they came up to their anniversary and hire new hires for half the pay rate.

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
I'm sorry man that sucks.

This was my first year ever getting a bonus, and it was a welcomed surprise... and im super fortunate and grateful to get one.

but that's rough to do- straight out of christmas vacation- it's hard to take something away when people count on it and have.

Never "count" on a bonus unless it's part of you deal when you start. I've received a Christmas bonus a few times but very rarely does it happen. That's why they are a bonus. They don't have to give anything.

While I agree it blows that for 10 years you got one you can't expect that it will always be there.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I think never having gotten a bonus is a lot easier pill to swallow than having gotten one for years and then suddenly having it replaced with a box of chocolates. That's right up there with jelly of the month club.

Especially if the company had a good year, getting that would be a smack in the face.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info