Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Fucking seriously?

AND some people want the ice girls gone? THE FUCK?

Hawks Won't Play "The Stripper" Song at UC | NBC Chicago

An online push to ban the song "The Stripper" from being played at the United Center during Blackhawks games appears to have worked.

The organist traditionally plays the song during the "Shoot the Puck" promotion when an obviously attractive woman participates. Blackhawks president John McDonough told the Chicago Sun-Times Wednesday that starting with the upcoming season, the song will no longer be played.

Blackhawks brass were asked about the song at the recent fan convention, and a #BanTheStripper hashtag was picking up steam on Twitter. Some have also called for a revamp of the scantily-clad Ice Crew, but McDonough told the newspaper that it's "very common throughout the league," and that the team is discussing ways to make female fans feel more welcome at the United Center.

In other words, the Ice Crew is likely safe for now.

The song in question -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twOUAUKurFw

And some tweets :ugh:

w4a3Qfi.png

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
Ban a song that doesn't even have words? Wtf.... Why, does it give people bad thoughts or some shit? Are they feeling naughty from hearing it?

This is actually my first time hearing the theme but it just reminded me of some old black and white gangster movie when they would be in a strip joint. I see nothing wrong with playing it at public events. There aren't even any words in it.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Ban a song that doesn't even have words? Wtf.... Why, does it give people bad thoughts or some shit? Are they feeling naughty from hearing it?

Seriously! I never knew the name of the song until now, nor would I probably ever know the name...but who gives a fuck? It's not like they play it when the hottie is shooting the puck, and every other word is fuck, stripper, sex, vagina.

I fucking hate people on this planet sometimes

:carter:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info