Why I am loving where I work now!

Theautoguy

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2007
Machesney Park, IL
So Fastenal sent me to their Employee/Supplier Expo down in Orlando this past week. Now I've been to these things before but I have never been treated this way! I was treated like a huge bigshot even though I'm kind of a little fish.

So I roomed with two other managers from my district; we were booked into a villa suite. I got the master bedroom...

20131204_122425.jpg

20131204_122438.jpg

So from there we pretty much partied; we were a bit more responsable than many others there. Wednesday I hit lunch, the fitness center, the hot tub, the pool, the room then the bar... Thursday night during dinner (A huge T-bone steak with all the trimmings!) we were joined by two of the four founding members of Fastenal. These guys were old, fun and full of cool stories. (...and worth perhaps 9 figures each!)

Friday night was the employee appreciation event. You'll get the idea...

20131206_191051.jpg

20131206_211813.jpg

20131206_211820.jpg

20131206_212314%280%29.jpg

So they rented out The Hardrock at Universal Studios. Our first few drinks were free but there was really good free food all night. Lost Highway opened for Brett Micheals. Both bands were fantastic but I ditched my team for the stage when Brett Micheals started. The pictures were a progression as I got to about 6 feet from the stage. At the end of the performance I was at the stage helping women up on it as Brett invited them.

I'm just now getting my voice back but my liver still isn't speaking to me.

Sorry for the long Mike K'ish post but it was way cool!

Theautoguy

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2007
Machesney Park, IL
wheres the strippers at?
Several group took off to a nearby club...

I really don't understand how that place operates. Anytime I go there anything I need it three days out
Which branch do you go to? Most items are day away; some should only be a couple. Special order items can be a few days out though.

Very cool. Half of my Sales and Marketing teams were down there for the event. Fastenal is one of our largest customers.
What company?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Damn you all are having some great weather down there!!!

I called Amy in when the football games started to show her the snow on TV.

"Look! Snow!" I almost miss it... Almost.

*posted while wearing shorts and and a T shirt with door closed because it's a chilly 70 degrees outside. :smile:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info