Elgin
Real Name
Mike
tumblr_lv59jj6aIP1qa00j5o1_500.png

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I can get down with some of Load and most of Reload. From what I have heard of Death Magnetic it is ok at best. St. Anger should be used a coaster and nothing else. Newsted's stuff is killer. His vocals blow but that's what happens when a guy who isn't a lead singer goes solo and tries to be. Look at Megadeth.

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
That guitarist is not even close to kirk. The guitar tone sounds like a cheap pedal or shitty onboard distortion. I respect what they are doing and am glad to see Jason back but thy are not even on the same level as metallica. I found little melody in the guitar versus kirk's exceptional melodic guitar style.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Dude, it's a band with a bassist as the front man. Of course the guitar is going to be watered down. All I'm saying is this song as a whole (melody, lyrics, pace) is better than what I heave heard out of Metallica as of late and I am Metallica a fan. Seems like Lars and James should have let Newsted in on some of the creative collaboration a bit more.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info