White Terminator in Deerfield

Jul 7, 2006
Waukegan. We cover from Winthrop Harbor down to Northbrook and as far west as Long Grove.

Nice... Once in awhile I get dumbass tech's that call in and try to get me to roll modems/change accounts for them because they're too lazy to sit on the Nextel holding for dispatch. They don't realize the call centers are for CUSTOMERS. Hopefully you're not one of the techs mentioned above. Your Cobra looks sweet too!

Slow99x

ZOMBIE kill of the week
Jul 20, 2007
Nah, I just do it through the customer's computer or try to go through IVR. It never works, the IVR that is, so then I need to call Tach. I only had one really bad run in with someone in support who told me to provision a modem using my own laptop. I wouldn't do it so he told me that they would never push a modem for me again. Thanks for the complement about the Cobra.:headbang:

I take it you're in customer care... you'd be suprised the truck rolls we have that could have been solved over the phone. Not your fault but if you guys ride with us once in a while you could learn a lot and make customers problems go away sooner instead of waiting for us.

Jul 7, 2006
Nah, I just do it through the customer's computer or try to go through IVR. It never works, the IVR that is, so then I need to call Tach. I only had one really bad run in with someone in support who told me to provision a modem using my own laptop. I wouldn't do it so he told me that they would never push a modem for me again. Thanks for the complement about the Cobra.:headbang:

I take it you're in customer care... you'd be suprised the truck rolls we have that could have been solved over the phone. Not your fault but if you guys ride with us once in a while you could learn a lot and make customers problems go away sooner instead of waiting for us.

Believe me I have other friends that are tech's in prin 2000/3000 and I've been on ride outs I know how it is. We're told strictly to follow TTS (if you know what that is). Let me tell you the program is wrong half the time so unless you're dealing with a CAE that has brains (like myself) then yeah it would be hard. I do know people that send out truck rolls for no dial tone and it turns out the EMTA was never plugged in. I take pride in what I do so I do it right the first time. But I do get pissed when the techs call up to us as it hurts our stats as well. But nice to see you're one of the better guys out there. Contractors just plain SUCK.

I don't deal with video at all unless it gets really backed up. Mainly CDV/CHSI.

Thread Info

• Slow99x
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list