Ran into fella w/ Grey & Black Procharged 99-04 Mustang GT on the Navy Base today...

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Ran into fella w/ Grey & Black Procharged 99-04 Mustang GT on the Navy Base today...

I was walking out to my car today and seen a grey Mustang GT with black stripes turning to go past me. I noticed the whistle coming from under the hood so I had to stop him. He told me he is running the P1-SC.

It was too damn cold to see what other mods he has done but I am guessing the typical additional bolt-ons to probably net around 430-440rwhp or so. Had a Cobra R wing on the back too.

Oh, did I mention it was a vert and they were rolling around with the top down. Kind of crazy but different strokes for different folks.

He said he was kind of new to the area and was looking for a site dealing with Mustangs. Of course I pointed him here and mentioned a little about the Explorer (He is probably still asking himself if he heard that correctly. ;) ). Anyways, I hope the dude shows up and becomes a member here because that will be another northerner on the site now. Two more in one month? Not bad. :headbang:

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
rocket5979 said:
I was walking out to my car today and seen a grey Mustang GT with black stripes turning to go past me. I noticed the whistle coming from under the hood so I had to stop him. He told me he is running the P1-SC.

It was too damn cold to see what other mods he has done but I am guessing the typical additional bolt-ons to probably net around 430-440rwhp or so. Had a Cobra R wing on the back too.

Oh, did I mention it was a vert and they were rolling around with the top down. Kind of crazy but different strokes for different folks.

He said he was kind of new to the area and was looking for a site dealing with Mustangs. Of course I pointed him here and mentioned a little about the Explorer (He is probably still asking himself if he heard that correctly. ;) ). Anyways, I hope the dude shows up and becomes a member here because that will be another northerner on the site now. Two more in one month? Not bad. :headbang:

Your lazy. Call me.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
trueblue01gt said:
i have p1 bullitt intake full exhaust and cams and am only at 396

i had 410 but that was with 18* of timing

If you need cams to get to 400rwhp on a centri then something is setup wrong.

Centri's are usually known for making a little more peak hp per psi of boost when compared to KB's. With an aggressive tune my X laid down damn near 400rwhp at 9.5psi on the KB 2.2. Of course that is not meant to be a direct comparison by any means.

There should be absolutely no reason why you need cams to get to 400rwhp even when running it through an auto tranny. Also, I think I remember hearing that fella shift so he has a manual if I mind wasn't playing tricks on me which means more power to the wheels than what an auto would put down.

PM me your full detailed modlist. I would like to take a look at it.

Jan 31, 2007
I'm the guy with the silver vert. Here's a pic of what it looks like when it's clean and not so grey looking. most of the mods are in my sig.
OpenHoodFar.jpg

recent pic, unfinished bodywork.roush side skirts borla side exhaust. its a work in progress.
Mestang.jpg

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
MustangSteveGT said:
I'm the guy with the silver vert. Here's a pic of what it looks like when it's clean and not so grey looking. most of the mods are in my sig.

Meh, grey...silver... Same thing. Would you believe that the Navy doesn't consider me colorblind? Though after 8 years and counting they do consider me deaf. :laughing2

OpenHoodFar.jpg

Ooooh ok, that is something I didn't see the other day was the P-51 intake. Nice very nice. Good to see your not messing around with the stock plastic POS or even the overpriced Bullit.

recent pic, unfinished bodywork.roush side skirts borla side exhaust. its a work in progress.
Mestang.jpg

Steve, one thing I need to ask is why the hell are you driving that thing around in the middle of winter? I must admit when walking out of my building the last thing I expected to see was a centri supercharged Mustang driving by on a day with single digit temps. :eek:h:

Jan 31, 2007
the other day we were driving with the top down cause i picked up my friend who had this huge box i had to drop into the back while the top was down. it was a very short drive, woulda taken more time warming up the car then it would just to drive a few blocks. i know that musta looked weird seeing somebody drive with the top down in that sort of cold weather!lol
about driving it this time of year-
i just got back from 2 years in okinawa with the fleet marine force (i'm a hospital corpsman surgical tech, tend to get stationed a lot with marines)
so i come back and my parents scratched the fuck out of the paint, destroyed the back passenger taillight, curbed all 4 rims. In my mind the car is totaled bodyweise even though it might not be so obvious from first glance. so i need to paint the whole thing again (instead of just the new body parts), buy new rims/get them reconditioned. so i'm not at a loss exposing it to the weather. plus its still got the original 90,xxx mile vert top on it that i wanna replace too.
i dont have any realistic numbers on it cause the p-51 intake with that supercharger is such a bitch to tune. i guess they were running into voltage issues not to mention the issue of getting it enough fuel which seems to be good now. The bottom line is that intake is good on a n/a 4.6 or if used in conjunction with power adder like my s/c you need to upgrade the heads and cams or it will cost you hp. SO what i'm saying is even though its fast, the intake is COSTING me horsepower until i get the heads/cams package to match it, from fox lake.with taxes coming back hope it might be in the near future after some bills. right now its just a bunch of pretty shiney things until i get those heads and cams. however once i do get that combo, it'll unleash quite a bit of power.
where would you suggest i do body work here(north chicago)? where would be a good place to get the heads installed somewhere in the area(north chicago)?
i'd love to get out to a track. hopefully i'll have this work done it needs

black35thGT

Apr 9, 2006
trueblue01gt said:
i have p1 bullitt intake full exhaust and cams and am only at 396

i had 410 but that was with 18* of timing

i didnt mean beyond the capabilitlys of the p1 but would require more than jsut the other minor bolt ons
dont forget youre also putting that thru an auto, youre power output is gonna be lower because of it. from what ive been told, to get a rough estimate of the FWHP (fly wheel) for a manual car you take the RWHP and add 10%. for an auto its something like 18-20%.

Thread Info