my 04 MINI Cooper S

S

speedycoop

here is for anyone wondering what my cute little mini is like...

2004 MINI Cooper S... stock power: 143whp todays power: 256whp

engine: 1.6L, M45 s/c, 15% s/c pulley, 4% crank pulley, ddm intake box, alta intake pipe, webb motorsports big throttle body, w/m big valve stage 3 head, schrick cam, everything on intake side is ported and polished includeing the intercooler runners, grs intercooler, 400cc injectors, detroit tuned s/c bypass valve, unichip ecu, miltek header, random technologies modified 3" cat back with a cutout for straight pipe...
suspension: h-sport springs, h-sport adj lower rear control arms, h-sport 3-way adj rear sway bar, koni yellows all around, h-sport camber plates in front webb motorsports adj sway bar end links, m7 strut tower brace.
brakes: wilwood 4 piston up front with wilwood 2-piece 12.5" rotors, in the rear stock calipers with custom 11" rotors, motul 600 racing brake fluid (594°F boiling point), i run hawk hp pads in back and i have 5 different compound pads for the front.... street, street/autox, auto-x, auto-x/track, track... i have my custom fiberglass brake ducts but have yet to install them.

interior/exterior: helix rear seat delete, schroth 4point harnesses, cruise cam video camera mount, cravin speed 3-way adj short shifter, m7 extreme hood scoop, m7 upper middle and lower grills

wheels: stock 17" s-lites with blizzaks, 17" kosi k1 ts wheels in dark silver with bfg g-force tires, 16" ssr comps with kuhmo V710 r-compound slicks

pictures: (not the best but it gets the job done...)

movin.jpg

IMG_0865.JPG

autoxxxx.jpg

hood up.jpg

IMG_2564.JPG

brakes.jpg

brakes2.jpg

slicks.jpg

enginemcs.jpg

780964_6.jpg

these next two are of the custom prototype fmic i was test for webb motorsports... it was wicked awesome but had a couple issues and never made it to the market.. bummer...

780964_1.jpg

780964_3.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Looks good. I've made a few laps on the north loop up there at a GM event and wish I could have taken lap after lap after lap to get the track down, and also because I was having so much fun. But they made us do one lap, bring the car back and take out another car so journalists don't hog the cars. Which is typical at any of those types of events: do one lap and bring her back.

I wish I had a car capable of doing that on a regular basis.

S

speedycoop

sweet! any pics of the rear seat delete? are you still running that front mount or just a larger top mount?

no pics of the rear seat delete... just did that a month ago or so.. ill get some and post em up. as for the i/c... its a lot bigger top mount. the GRS which is one of the best ones on the market for the car.

i think you might be hugging that last curve too tight

haha which corner are you talking about? if its the last one like right before the front straight then ehh.. its a goofy double apex corner. but none were hugged to tight. the video is deceiving

That's awesome! SSR Comps look best IMO.

Just wondering you ever did 1/4 pass with it?

no 1/4 mile passes. car is not built for it and running -2.2 camber up front i dont have much tire on the ground for straight line stuff. and yes the ssr comps are some really good looking wheels. haha

no 1/4 mile passes. car is not built for it and running -2.2 camber up front i dont have much tire on the ground for straight line stuff. and yes the ssr comps are some really good looking wheels. haha

Yea, I know, but was just wondering. Shouldn't have a problem with mid 13s me thinks.

Are by any chance coming to autox this Sunday at Maywood with Salt Creek Car Club?

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
haha which corner are you talking about? if its the last one like right before the front straight then ehh.. its a goofy double apex corner. but none were hugged to tight. the video is deceiving

the last one... although it is more of a curve than a corner like there is no apex there. but yes before the last straight. i think you should be drifting out more away from the corner and it looks like in the video you are hugging it tighter than you need to and scrubbing some speed. something i did for sure the first time i was there.

i'm no expert but worth trying to drift away a bit more - unless i am totally wrong in viewing the vid.

S

speedycoop

the last one... although it is more of a curve than a corner like there is no apex there. but yes before the last straight. i think you should be drifting out more away from the corner and it looks like in the video you are hugging it tighter than you need to and scrubbing some speed. something i did for sure the first time i was there.

i'm no expert but worth trying to drift away a bit more - unless i am totally wrong in viewing the vid.

i know exactly what your talking about... the video is deceiving and drifting out didn't feel much faster... i tried doing that a couple times.

Thread Info