User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-2006, 02:43 AM   #1
cyac5l8trfcar's Avatar
{'''}o_o{'''}
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,722
{'''}o_o{'''}
 
cyac5l8trfcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,722
Casino cash: $4610000
0.53 per day
Default Uneder cover cops?!?!?!

I saw a merc. marauder that had L.E.D. strobes and had some one pulled over in Antioch yester day. WTF? when did cops get cool cars?
__________________
Quote:
No matter the industry, especially Corp. America, you are either giving a blow or taking it in the ass. How well you are liked is what determines if you get fair warning and a jar of vasoline to lube yourself up with.
cyac5l8trfcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 03:31 AM   #2
joes03cobra10thann's Avatar  
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,095
 
joes03cobra10thann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,095
Casino cash: $4921700
0.22 per day
Cool

That sucks!
__________________
JLT Cold Air Intake
Magnaflow Off-Road X-Pipe
Magnaflow Cat-Back
Nitto DR
BilletFlow IRS Brace
Whipple 140ax stock pulley
accufab tb
Center force dfx clutch
spec flywheel
MM FLSC
KB bap
60lb injectors / harnesses
sct 2400 maf
sct dyno tune
hawk hps pads
baer brake rotors
Afco pro series heat exchanger
head cooling mod
joes03cobra10thann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 04:17 AM   #3
blackcobra03's Avatar  
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 41
 
blackcobra03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 41
Casino cash: $4610000
0.01 per day
Default

Yea they are pretty sneaky. I remember seeing a F-body leaving the Naperville Police station on my way to work following marked cars. Also saw a Camaro that pulled over a car a few years ago on Rt34 near Oswego.

I allways keep my eyes peeled now. Used to just have to look for squad cars, but now you never know.
blackcobra03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 10:42 AM   #4
frdtch05gt's Avatar
complete car nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,264
complete car nut
 
frdtch05gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,264
Casino cash: $4610000
0.24 per day
Default

State Police have had Mustangs, T/A's and Camaro's for several years now, and a lot of other towns and counties are doing the same thing.
__________________
Justin
'06 Mustang GT coupe, manual
Satin Silver w/Dark Charcoal interior
frdtch05gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 10:49 AM   #5
IMPORTSLAYER's Avatar  
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 152
 
IMPORTSLAYER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 152
Casino cash: $4610000
0.03 per day
Default

The next 5 cop cars for Geneva are going to be black Hemi powered "police package" chargers. No overhead lights outside of the car at all. Even the Geneve police decals are a weird flat black that are reflective. So talk about stealthy. You would never see them or be able to pick them out even from 50 FT. Sneaky. Take a good long look at the next black Charger that pulls up to the line next to you at the light, then once you are convinced its not a cop and your about to drop the clutch @ 4,500 rpm. STOP ! take another good look.
IMPORTSLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 11:12 AM   #6
The Pun's Avatar
Topify Guy
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 13,335
Topify Guy
 
The Pun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 13,335
Casino cash: $4865400
2.38 per day
Default

On I-355 and I-88 I have seen the following undercovered squads

White 96ish Mustang GT
Green 97ish Camaro Z-28
Green Town and Country Minivan
Silver Grand Prix GTP
Green and Tan Explorers older style
The Pun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 11:44 AM   #7
Cobra_DJ99's Avatar  
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,006
 
Cobra_DJ99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,006
Casino cash: $4621100
0.37 per day
Default

yea nw indiana has a maroon z28, a white z28, a hummer, and a 05gt that ive seen
__________________
Cobra_DJ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 12:13 PM   #8
01GTvert's Avatar  
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,748
 
01GTvert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,748
Casino cash: $7359700
0.35 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10th03cobra
On I-355 and I-88 I have seen the following undercovered squads

White 96ish Mustang GT
Green 97ish Camaro Z-28
Green Town and Country Minivan
Silver Grand Prix GTP
Green and Tan Explorers older style

I can confirm seeing all the above at/hear the same location. I even thought the GTP was trying to race me when I had my SHO....lucky for me I only got a warning that time
01GTvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 01:10 PM   #9
CorvZ061's Avatar
Chevy man. ALL THE WAY!
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 15
Chevy man. ALL THE WAY!
 
CorvZ061's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 15
Casino cash: $4610000
0.00 per day
Default

down here in Ga, we have 1 udercover Cobra, bright red.. no markings
it was from a drug bust.. the cops kept it and now it's a undercover car..
__________________
1969 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 396
swapped 396 to a LS6 454
600 hp
11.85 in the 1/4 on street tires and a poorly prepped track
CorvZ061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 01:42 PM   #10
Rotzs99's Avatar
All SHOW no GO
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,684
All SHOW no GO
 
Rotzs99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,684
Casino cash: $4627600
0.96 per day
Default

Maybe we should just list all the UC cars that you have seen so everyone knows not to race them. I havent seen many, and i always look for the crown vic style headlights. I know mount prospect has a few, but theyre all different color crownies, Otherwise on I-80, ive seen a green camaro pre-98, and a white mustang gt on 53.
__________________
Rotzs99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 01:45 PM   #11
TCG Member 5219's Avatar  
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,450
 
TCG Member 5219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,450
Casino cash: $51139698
2.37 per day
Default

http://www.chicagolandmustang.com/ap...pic.php?t=5737
TCG Member 5219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 02:01 PM   #12
TOPGUN's Avatar  
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 356
 
TOPGUN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 356
Casino cash: $4610000
0.07 per day
Default

One day a state trooper came to speed in a fbody patrol car he was cool he wanted us to get some more HP out of it. I was looking over his car you would never know it was a cop car the lights are on the back of the visors! verdy verdy sneakyyyyyy!
TOPGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 09:10 PM   #13
Blood on Blood's Avatar
rumble baby rumble
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 36,014
rumble baby rumble
 
Blood on Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 36,014
Casino cash: $216471300
6.86 per day
Default

Just like the deer, sneaky as fuck.

One minute you are driving and the next minute, WHAM!!!!!

Hell of way to ruin the day.
__________________
Dave
17 Mustang GT
17 Pilot AWD
15 Elantra
Blood on Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 11:43 PM   #14
cyac5l8trfcar's Avatar
{'''}o_o{'''}
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,722
{'''}o_o{'''}
 
cyac5l8trfcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,722
Casino cash: $4610000
0.53 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood on Blood
Just like the deer, sneaky as fuck.

One minute you are driving and the next minute, WHAM!!!!!

Hell of way to ruin the day.


cyac5l8trfcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:45 AM   #15
frdtch05gt's Avatar
complete car nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,264
complete car nut
 
frdtch05gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,264
Casino cash: $4610000
0.24 per day
Default

There's a blue '98 Mustang GT running around the Rt 53 and 290 area. I spotted him turning onto Rt 72 a few times in the morning from a side street, only way to see he's a cop is the State Police plates (unless the strobes are flashing, by then you're screwed). It has dark tinted windows in back and a few little antennas. Other than that, looks like a normal 'stang.
frdtch05gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:09 AM   #16
nytebyte's Avatar
Not Politically Correct
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,478
Not Politically Correct
 
nytebyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,478
Casino cash: $39628800
1.32 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggy_One
If a minivan pulled up behind me with flashing lights, I don't think I'd pull over.

How would I know if it's really a cop and not some car-jacker?

Undercover cop cars are one thing, but this is ridiculous.
nytebyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 02:02 PM   #17
TaintedSnake01's Avatar
Tainted Racing
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,770
Tainted Racing
 
TaintedSnake01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,770
Casino cash: $4615800
0.35 per day
Default

I was on my way to work yesterday and i was slowing down for the stop light and 2 lanes over was a red camaro ss and next to it was a black 06 mustang gt. im like o hell yea time to have some fun cause we were all going straight. so i pull up to the stop light and look over at the black gt and im like o shit. yea i had forgotten about the merrillville cop with the black GT. so the light turned green and we all kinda moseyed on away. lol i was hoping for a good double kill!
TaintedSnake01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 02:02 PM   #18
ExplorerThis's Avatar
Making 600rwhp w/warranty
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,245
Making 600rwhp w/warranty
 
ExplorerThis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,245
Casino cash: $4651400
0.40 per day
Default

Id so run from a minivan....I would be off at the next exit b4 he could even radio......
__________________
2013 BOSS 302 GHIG-SOLD
2013 Shelby Gt500 DIB w/black stripes-SOLD
2003 Black KB Cobra-SOLD
2006 Black C6 Z06 - SOLD
2006 Red SRT-10 Viper -SOLD
2014 BMW HP4. - CURRENT
2011 BMW S1000rr - CURRENT
ExplorerThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:00 AM   #19
Aron's Avatar
Scared pussy
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 13,967
Scared pussy
 
Aron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 13,967
Casino cash: $10063500
2.74 per day
Default

Many departments are renting vehicles from places like Enterprise and putting strobes inside since it's easy and can be done non-permanently.

That way people can't learn the undercover vehicles, since they change every week or couple weeks.

I have seen state troopers in a basic work-type panel van in Ottawa.

I have also seen Ottawa coppers in a Jeep Cherokee.
__________________
94 Camaro Z28...all stock slow turd
04 CompG...4T65E problems
2018 Yamaha MT10
Aron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 11:49 AM   #20
dohc97's Avatar
resident mexican
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 779
resident mexican
 
dohc97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 779
Casino cash: $4613300
0.15 per day
Default

I have seen a ford escort in the city that had hidden lights, wonder if he could catch me?
I have also seen dodge intrepids around nw Indiana, and i can remember the time i got a ticket from a cop because i had never seen a dark brown police cruiser, by the time i did notice it was a cop he had me on radar.
dohc97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:28 AM   #21
Ear Rak's Avatar
Underemployed
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 25,510
Underemployed
 
Ear Rak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 25,510
Casino cash: $21255199
5.07 per day
Default

in bloomingdale (right in front of vanity tattoo) i saw a green ford taurus station wagon pull someone over
__________________
2009 Mustang GT 5spd - Because race car
2005 F250 4x4 Powerstroke - STOLEN
Ear Rak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:36 PM   #22
The Pun's Avatar
Topify Guy
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 13,335
Topify Guy
 
The Pun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 13,335
Casino cash: $4865400
2.38 per day
Default

Photo-enforcement vans roam the Ryan

By Jon Hilkevitch
Tribune transportation reporter
Published May 22, 2006, 12:34 PM CDT


Speeders on the Dan Ryan Expressway who are nabbed by photo-enforcement vans that rolled out this weekend will start receiving $375 tickets in the mail in the next two weeks, IDOT and state police officials said today.

As the eighth week of the Ryan project begins, the Illinois State Police is putting the radar vans in the construction zones. A total of 250 violators were caught in just 2 hours when the radar-enforcement program began Saturday.

But there appears to be some question about whether the courts will honor the citations.

Officials have held meetings with the chief judges in Cook County to ensure that the photo-enforcement ticket won't be thrown out in court, said IDOT Secretary Timothy Martin at an update on the Ryan construction project.

"We are hopeful these tickets will be upheld," he said.

The photo-enforcement vans take a picture of the driver and the car's rear license plate. The tickets mailed to violators will include copies of the two photos as well as the speed the car was going at the time.

The vans can record the speed of a car from 180 feet away.

The penalties for a second violation are a $1,000 fine and a 90-day driver's license suspension.

In addition to the Ryan, vans have been put on the Kingery Expressway, the Illinois tollway system and Downstate, IDOT officials said.

Martin said drivers also are abandoning alternative routes, such as Ashland and Stony Island Avenues, and returning to the Ryan.

"People are falling back into their old habits," he said.

Weekday travel times have been as high as 40 minutes on the inbound Ryan at 5:30 a.m., he said.

The speed limit in the Ryan construction zone is 45 m.p.h. It is in effect 24 hours a day, but the photo-enforcement vans are being used only when workers are present.

"Speed in construction zones is one of the primary reasons people are killed," Martin said.

State police officials also unveiled motorcycles that will be used to enforce speed limits and stop aggressive drivers on the Ryan and toll roads.

Since the Ryan project began April 1, about 5,000 speeding citations have been issued, said State Police Capt. Peter Negro.
The Pun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 04:56 PM   #23
Ear Rak's Avatar
Underemployed
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 25,510
Underemployed
 
Ear Rak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 25,510
Casino cash: $21255199
5.07 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10th03cobra
Photo-enforcement vans roam the Ryan

By Jon Hilkevitch
Tribune transportation reporter
Published May 22, 2006, 12:34 PM CDT


Speeders on the Dan Ryan Expressway who are nabbed by photo-enforcement vans that rolled out this weekend will start receiving $375 tickets in the mail in the next two weeks, IDOT and state police officials said today.

As the eighth week of the Ryan project begins, the Illinois State Police is putting the radar vans in the construction zones. A total of 250 violators were caught in just 2 hours when the radar-enforcement program began Saturday.

But there appears to be some question about whether the courts will honor the citations.

Officials have held meetings with the chief judges in Cook County to ensure that the photo-enforcement ticket won't be thrown out in court, said IDOT Secretary Timothy Martin at an update on the Ryan construction project.

"We are hopeful these tickets will be upheld," he said.

The photo-enforcement vans take a picture of the driver and the car's rear license plate. The tickets mailed to violators will include copies of the two photos as well as the speed the car was going at the time.

The vans can record the speed of a car from 180 feet away.

The penalties for a second violation are a $1,000 fine and a 90-day driver's license suspension.

In addition to the Ryan, vans have been put on the Kingery Expressway, the Illinois tollway system and Downstate, IDOT officials said.

Martin said drivers also are abandoning alternative routes, such as Ashland and Stony Island Avenues, and returning to the Ryan.

"People are falling back into their old habits," he said.

Weekday travel times have been as high as 40 minutes on the inbound Ryan at 5:30 a.m., he said.

The speed limit in the Ryan construction zone is 45 m.p.h. It is in effect 24 hours a day, but the photo-enforcement vans are being used only when workers are present.

"Speed in construction zones is one of the primary reasons people are killed," Martin said.

State police officials also unveiled motorcycles that will be used to enforce speed limits and stop aggressive drivers on the Ryan and toll roads.

Since the Ryan project began April 1, about 5,000 speeding citations have been issued, said State Police Capt. Peter Negro.
lol his name is Peter Negro
Ear Rak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 05:41 PM   #24
The Pun's Avatar
Topify Guy
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 13,335
Topify Guy
 
The Pun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 13,335
Casino cash: $4865400
2.38 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGT2002
lol his name is Peter Negro

The Black Peter!!!!!!!
The Pun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts