Spring 2012

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Neato! Let me know how those NT05's work out for you! I've been driving the same bald Nittos now for 3+ years.

These are the street radials and not the drag radials though. I want the tires to last a little longer than a DR.

:fy:

Got any pics of Cobras with those springs installed?

Not many pics out there, but the springs are the same spring rate as stock and are supposed to drop the car 2" from stock height. I plan on running no isolators all of the way around.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
These are the street radials and not the drag radials though. I want the tires to last a little longer than a DR.

I'm not claiming to be an expert by any means, but my DR Nittos lasted at least three seasons. Are you thinking the NTO5 DR would last less than a season? Or you want to get more than three seasons out of a tire?

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I'm not claiming to be an expert by any means, but my DR Nittos lasted at least three seasons. Are you thinking the NTO5 DR would last less than a season? Or you want to get more than three seasons out of a tire?

The NT05R is a much softer compound than the 555R. People talk as if the NT05R has the same life span as a BFG DR. I do not like the aesthetics of the 555 and the power I make is not so obscene that I would need to be on a DR at all times. The performance of the NT05 is supposed to be awesome as well.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
The website lists almost no wet traction but surprisingly with the weight of the GTO, I could goose it and they wouldn't break loose immediately in rain. As long as I was driving sane they were fine in the rain.

I would not recommend them as DD tires because of how soft they are. They literally feel like rubber bands and are very squishy. Road debris(especially around here) will destroy them very quickly.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Steeda Billet 4-Bolt CC Plates I picked up for less than 1/2 their retail. Both plates just had some corrosion, but I cleaned up the plate on the left.

Parts010-1.jpg

Windshield wiper delete, just needs to be painted satin black.

Parts006.jpg

SVE Lowering Springs should drop the car another 1"-1.5".

Parts007.jpg

Rally shift knob with the Cobra emblem, I think it's pretty slick!

Parts001.jpg

Parts012-1.jpg

Will not have pics of the black chrome rear bumper inserts until they are on the car.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Last night I cleaned up the other CC plate, installed the rear springs, and got the driver's side front about 90% complete. The rear looks like it sits lower, but I cannot tell for sure. I should have measured the gap prior to the install FML :picard: The springs also will settle a 1/4" to 1/2" too. I am looking to finish up tonight.

One thing I noticed in the engine bay when installing the CC plate is that the owner before me must have used a spray wax in the engine bay alot because I have this weird build up on some stuff. It scrapes off easily, but not looking forward to getting all of that shit off. Oh well it must be done.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Driver's side finished about an hour ago.

While punching the drill point for the 4th bolt on the CC plate for the passenger side, the small ass screw for holding the 4th bolt in place popped out of the template and vanished into the engine bay! :fu: :angrys00ls: :fu: Not to mention my light just died and I need to recharge the batteries :fu: :angrys00ls: :fu: Nothing like fucking with my progress!

Thread Info