2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT

03yellowstang

2003 Mustang GT

I bought this mustang in early 2008 my senior year in high school, but it was not my first mustang. I had a green 1998 for a few years in high school untill I hit 150000 miles and traded it in on this one. The new mustang is a work in progress now there is so much I want to do with it but its going to be a slow process. Ive always been around mustangs bolth my parents had them as their first cars so its in my blood. :word:

Engine
  • JLT Intake
  • UPR X-pipe
  • Mac Cat-back
  • Steeda Spacer
  • Mobil 1 5W-20
Drivetrain
  • Steeda Clutch Quadrant
  • B&M Short Throw
  • 4.10 Gear
  • Moser 28 Spline Axles
  • Royal Purple 75W-140
Suspension
  • Kenny Brown Subframe Connectors (Installed by Hollywood Motors Inc.)
  • 1 Coil Removed (all springs)
  • ISOs Removed
  • UPR Elite Lower Control Arms
Exterior
  • Mach 1 Chin Spoiler
  • Tinted taillights
  • Tinted Headlights
  • 17x10.5 Rear Bullit Rims
  • 17x9.5 Front Bullit Rims
  • Strobes
  • Sequence Taillights
  • Ford Overlay Emblem
  • 4.6 L V8 Sticker
  • CMC Window Sticker
  • Windows tinted by Jeff at Tint to U (20% rear window, 35% side windows)
Interior
  • Pioneer Headunit
  • Rorkford Fosgate Amp
  • Rockford Fosgate Sub
  • Blue Lights
  • White Face Gauges (SpeedHut)
  • White Hurst Shifter
Future
  • Suspension
  • Boost:drool: (Someday)
Pics newest to oldest.

SAM_0339.jpg

DSC00361.jpg

DSC00366.jpg

DSC00363.jpg

DSC05483.jpg

DSC05476.jpg

DSC05383-1.jpg

78824025.jpg

20527452.jpg

40956449.jpg

97748975q.jpg

39677100.jpg

65096891.jpg

68647838.jpg

57606527.jpg

58156361.jpg

86105070.jpg

50920093.jpg

29428710.jpg

39197236.jpg

89800795.jpg

03yellowstang

What I have been doing to the car the past few months.

After changing the brackets from my bumper to the new one (they were both broken) I did a test fit.
SAM_0285.jpg

I sanded down the side skirts and bumper, fixed any scratchs or holes and primed them.
SAM_0289.jpg

SAM_0287.jpg

The side skirts were in really bad shap when I first got them after sanding them down, filling in scatchs and holes, more sanding, more filler, more sanding, primer, then more primer. They came out pretty nice and I am very pleased with them. If you had seen them before you wouldnt think they were the same.
SAM_0291.jpg

Also I picked up a new rear axle it has Moser Axles and a 4.10 already in it. All I got to figure out is if there is a leak or just WD40 on the flange before I install it.
SAM_0286.jpg

03yellowstang

I got the axle ready to put into the car. Changed out the oil and painted the housing. Nothing fancy but it looks a lot better then the old rusted one.
SAM_0300.jpg

SAM_0301.jpg

Also the flog lights that came with the 01 cobra bumper are not in the best shape so I went a head and tinted them. The picture was taken in a dark room so they are a little lighter in person. In the future I plan to do 03/04 fogs, but this will work for now.
SAM_0304.jpg

03yellowstang

SHE MOVED!!!!
SAM_0313.jpg

After getting out of class early and the girlfriend off Christmas shopping I decided it was too nice out not to work on the car. I ended up getting the axle back in the car and running. Drove it around the neigborhood just to make sure nothing was going to fall off. All I have to say is WOW! I use to have a shake in the steering wheel that is gone now (I thinking a bent axle was shaking the car and I felt it in the steering wheel). Also I feel the the 4.10 makes the 5 speed a lot easier to drive. If I am driving 25 mph I can put the car in a higher gear and it rides nice dosnt sound like its going to die like when the stock 3.27 was in it.

By the time I got the stock LCA out they where shot so I ordered some from UPR. Everything went in nice and smoothly. Which kinda bothered me.....lol....Either I did everthing right or something really wrong. Here is all the goods going back into the car.
SAM_0309.jpg

SAM_0311.jpg

SAM_0312.jpg

Also next year I plan on upgrading the suspension (was going to be this year until I realized how bad my axle was). So for the time being I just cut a coil off the back two springs and Ill get to the front ones when I get the C/C plates. I figured it wouldnt hurt the car to go one summer on stock sturts/shocks and cut springs.
beforeandafter.jpg

It came out just how I wanted it, but at first I forgot I had cut them and when I put it back on the ground it was so low I thought I screwed something up.

Now here is the crazy thing when I was unhooking the ABS under the rear seat I found broken glass all on the passanger side. All I can guess is the first owner (I am the secound owner) must have broken the passanger quarter window at some time. I dont care I am just thought it was wierd and would like to know why or how it happend.
SAM_0314.jpg

Next step for this winter.
MM C/C Plates
1 Coil off front springs
New Rear Tires
SpeedCal (For the 4.10)

03yellowstang

Got some painting done on the last warm day we had. So it was pretty easy to heat the garage to what I needed to paint.
I rigged up a paint booth and went at it.
SAM_0323.jpg

SAM_0326.jpg

SAM_0324.jpg

SAM_0329.jpg

SAM_0333.jpg

The color came out great. With this being my first attempt at painted it came out pretty good but with that said it is still about a 5-10 foot paint job. There is a few spots I am really going to have to work hard to fix but nothing bigger then a dime.

03yellowstang

Well the body is all back together. I still need to do some touch ups here and there and install Mach 1 chin spoiler. Also I will be lower the front to match the back and get the correct drivers side foglight so they all match.

The paint came about pretty good but there are some bad spots so its about a 10 foot paint job.

Here are some pics from tonight.
SAM_0339.jpg

SAM_0342.jpg

SAM_0340.jpg

SAM_0346.jpg

Here is one that kinda shows the reflection in the new sideskirts from the blanket on the ground.
SAM_0335.jpg

03yellowstang

Got back from school early today so with it being warm out I started on the mustang. Got the CC plates in and cut the springs but found a problem.

Here is what I found. Not sure how it happend. It is the drivers side front spring and it came out in two peices. I went ahead and cut it to match the passanger side one that I cut a coil off of and put them back in for now but I will pick some second hand ones up and stick those in. Im guessing the one that broke settled diffrent over time or somthing because with the two springs cut at equal length there is about a 1/4 inch diffrents in the gap between wheel and fender.
SAM_0378.jpg

Here is a pic of the bumper and fender to show how the paint I bought matchs. With that said in some lights it looks a little off, but Zinc Yellow isnt the easiest to match so Im not supprised.
SAM_0387.jpg

Here are pics in the light for once with the uneven front springs lol. Also I still need to put the mach 1 spoiler on the front.
SAM_0380.jpg

SAM_0382.jpg

SAM_0383.jpg

SAM_0386.jpg

SAM_0385.jpg

SAM_0384.jpg

Thread Info