Few new pictures of my Trans Am

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Just got the car up and running about a week ago. Been tweeking the tune with hptuners and still have a few minor things left like installing my catch can. A few people asked for some pictures so I decided to take a couple over the last few days. Basics info on the setup: Truck manifolds, 2.5" merge, 3" cold side, MPT70 turbo with .96 exhaust wheel, Tial wastegate, Tial Bov, ect. The car is a blast and pulls hard. If I hold onto it I have a lot of other plans for the car but until I decide the car is staying the way it is. (might up the boost) The whole process of turboing a f-body is slightly a nightmare lol I totally underestimated the cost, time spent researching, and the amount of time to install everything. Hopefully I will have the car at lukes a few times this summer and various other events.
f344f1ce.jpg

e6d9ebc3.jpg

35d07c0c.jpg

c2063784.jpg

67f8a91a.jpg

229f4342.jpg

Only underhood shots I have right now
7526e447.jpg

598f101f.jpg

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Sexy bitch!!! Now that you are done'ish. Are you glad you went turbo?

Glad that I went turbo, not happy with having an automatic trans. This is my first sports car with and auto and it probably will be my last unless its a track car. IMO its just weird not shifting gears and having that control of a manual. I dont want to bother doing a auto to manual swap so I either will have to learn to like it or I might have to look into something else. The car has the supporting fuel system to make a lot more power then it has right now but I still have the stock rear and trans so I have it conservative to preserve them for now. If I do keep it in the near future some I would like to have the rest of my exhaust welded up, get some drag radials (and maybe rims), and up the boost. Further down the road I would like to get a iron block, forged pistons and rods, a built and a built rear. I cant decide to keep it as stock looking as possible or to give in and get rims. The front plate cover is still attachable with the way I trimmed the opening. I would like to go back and get it a little closer and more even to the edges.

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Thanks guys, hpt has the ability to change shift points and other trans functions. Until I get my tune spot on I don't want to mess with it. Im sure the more I get used to having an auto the the more I will appreciate it. Right now there's a red spring in the wastegate and im seeing about 6 psi. I will prob be investing into a boost controller as I would like to run 10-12 psi. My fuel setup currently is 60# seimens injectors and dual 255 pumps. The 2nd isn't hooked up yet but it will be on a hobbs switch to turn on when the car goes into boost.

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
I just noticed... you still have the MAF inline! Sup with that?
Maf is in there for now, I haven't really beat on the car but at this boost level I haven't seen it max out the 512g/min limit. I will be changing that when I upp the boost.
yowza @ the white ws6, never saw pics like that of your car before

so its just a turbo kit on a stock engine?

We gotta meet up now lol! Go to byron with me and get some runs off?

Yeah pretty much, stock long block for now. Next year if I still have the car and its running good I want to do 317 heads, a small turbo cam and ls6 intake. The downpipe is currently dumped but I have the piping and a cutout that I would like to use to connect it to the rest of my exhaust. When done it will be either open cutout at the firewall or 3" back through a slp bullet muffler.

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
The closer the cutout to the turbo the better I believe. Just make sure I don park my ta by yours or we may get confused as to whose car is whose. Auto's are great for turbo setups. Do you have a built trans now?

Ha yeah esp if I get wheels since I heart tt2's. Trans is stock right now, I was one of the few who got the pleasure of starting with a lower mileage 100% stock car down to the original spark plugs. I haven't done a whole lot of research on aftermarket/built trans options yet but if/when I go that route I know I will be getting a stall huge trans cooler and a trans brake if possible. :) thanks for all the comments guys, I really was questioning everything and the route I took but im sure I will learn to love it. Everything has been carefully researched which has taken me a lot of time, esp since this is my first ls1 car. Also big thanks to jason (boosted00gagt) for helping me with my Alternator bracket. I had one that was premade and when I got the car running it would throw the belt right on startup. He have me info on how to make my own for less then $20 and it used a stock length belt. Might not be the prettiest thing ever but it works and is solid.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Ha yeah esp if I get wheels since I heart tt2's. Trans is stock right now, I was one of the few who got the pleasure of starting with a lower mileage 100% stock car down to the original spark plugs. I haven't done a whole lot of research on aftermarket/built trans options yet but if/when I go that route I know I will be getting a stall huge trans cooler and a trans brake if possible. :) thanks for all the comments guys, I really was questioning everything and the route I took but im sure I will learn to love it. Everything has been carefully researched which has taken me a lot of time, esp since this is my first ls1 car. Also big thanks to jason (boosted00gagt) for helping me with my Alternator bracket. I had one that was premade and when I got the car running it would throw the belt right on startup. He have me info on how to make my own for less then $20 and it used a stock length belt. Might not be the prettiest thing ever but it works and is solid.

I'm leaning toward going with a 4l80e if and when my flt craps out on me. I thought about a th400, but I like the idea of having overdrive.
Yup no maf required when going speed density. Really cleans things up.

That's what I figured :)

Thread Info