Did some work today

Malakaone

Addict
Feb 17, 2011
I installed new rock guards and some stripes from the front wheel. Also, I think its the first photos I have taken of the car since I tinted it.

IMAG0338.jpg

Malakaone

Addict
Feb 17, 2011
How do you like the car? I was looking at them and they look like they'd be a lot of fun. I'm indecisive on my toys but those look rather enticing, especially for what you can pick them up for.

I love it. The hardest thing is getting in and out of the car. Reliability is very high, the only issue (a big one at that) is that the oil cooler lines have fallen off their clamp. Other than that it is great.

Some things to look at are the years built. 2005 had no bumperettes, throttle was mechanical instead of ECU controlled, and turn signals had a tendency to pop out. They 2005 have more issues. I would recommend an 06 at least.

If you ever at a meet and i am there we can go for a spin. Of course two guys in these cars is a little ridiculous looking, like two guys on a bike.

Malakaone

Addict
Feb 17, 2011
Should be getting my car back today or tomorrow had quite a bit of work done to it and I am super excited...

Stuff done:
1. Suspension mods
2. Hawk brake pads with super blue fluid
3. New Sport ECU - changed when the 2nd cam kicks in (5900 rpm vs. 6300 rpm)
4. New rear tires
5. Engine mounts
6. Oil pressure and oil temp gauge installation
7. Better synthetic transmission fluid with syncromesh

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Should be getting my car back today or tomorrow had quite a bit of work done to it and I am super excited...

Stuff done:
1. Suspension mods
2. Hawk brake pads with super blue fluid
3. New Sport ECU - changed when the 2nd cam kicks in (5900 rpm vs. 6300 rpm)
4. New rear tires
5. Engine mounts
6. Oil pressure and oil temp gauge installation
7. Better synthetic transmission fluid with syncromesh

:fy:

Beautiful car! :bowdown:

Malakaone

Addict
Feb 17, 2011
So I did some more work today on the car. I began doing some modifications so that I could go towards a supercharger installation :dancingnaughty:

It will:
Peak Horsepower increased from 176 to 280 RWHP
Peak Torque increased from 116.8 ft-lbs to 176 ft-lbs
The dyno plot tells it all:

http://www.visionfunction.com/vfimage/dyno/Elise-Stock-vs-SuperC-800.jpg

Should bring the 0 to 60 down from 4.5 seconds (where it stands now) to about 3.2 seconds!!!

Of course this is going to be a long (duration) project otherwise the wife will kill me!

Also, discovered how bad a closed canister valve not actuating can make the interior of a car smell. :squirts: I still smell like gas.

I had to share...if I told all this to my wife she would look at me like.....WTF do I care.

My friends that used to be in cars all got married, had kids, and now spend zero time thinking and talking about cars.

Thanks for listening!

Thread Info