Washed the car, some new pics..

frosty23_45

Broke Dodge owner
Feb 12, 2008
Coal City, IL
Used some turtle wax Ice polish, I like the results

oh and put on a new sticker, thx guys

I know I need to adjust the pass headlight, long story.

100_0602.jpg

100_0603.jpg

100_0604.jpg

and a pic w/the son's ride :s00ls:

cars.jpg

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
What do you recommend, that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

My Ultimate Paint Sealant is $10 and should be enough to coat a vehicle 5 times if used properly. It is a synthetic paint sealant containing amino functional silicones that form a bond with your clearcoat at the molecular level. That basically means it lasts a lot longer. Standard caranuba wax has a melting point of about 106 degrees, and on a hot summer day your paint can reach excesses of 150. This heat degrades the wax quickly and it literally melts off your car. A synthetic sealant does not break down until about 230 degrees, and if it gets that hot you have bigger problems than paint protection!

The Ultimate Paint Sealant is applied like a wax, to the entire vehicle, and allowed to cure for 20-30 minutes before removing with a microfiber towel. Only a thin coat is needed, so slopping it all over the place has no benefit. Same goes for layering, it will not bond to itself, so layering is not beneficial. You can, however, wax on top of a synthetic paint sealant after letting it cure for 24 hours. A nice coat of a high quality caranuba on top of a sealant that has been applied to a finish that has be clayed and polished will give you a spectacular shine, depth, and reflectivity.

:bigthumb:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
My Ultimate Paint Sealant is $10 and should be enough to coat a vehicle 5 times if used properly. It is a synthetic paint sealant containing amino functional silicones that form a bond with your clearcoat at the molecular level. That basically means it lasts a lot longer. Standard caranuba wax has a melting point of about 106 degrees, and on a hot summer day your paint can reach excesses of 150. This heat degrades the wax quickly and it literally melts off your car. A synthetic sealant does not break down until about 230 degrees, and if it gets that hot you have bigger problems than paint protection!

The Ultimate Paint Sealant is applied like a wax, to the entire vehicle, and allowed to cure for 20-30 minutes before removing with a microfiber towel. Only a thin coat is needed, so slopping it all over the place has no benefit. Same goes for layering, it will not bond to itself, so layering is not beneficial. You can, however, wax on top of a synthetic paint sealant after letting it cure for 24 hours. A nice coat of a high quality caranuba on top of a sealant that has been applied to a finish that has be clayed and polished will give you a spectacular shine, depth, and reflectivity.

:bigthumb:

Now I just need a car worthy of all that work. :rofl:

Nice job none the less. Ive actually never seen a GT with those rims. Interesting.

Ohh, and Id upgrade the battery in your sons car. 10 MPH in a powerwheels isnt hard to do. I actually look forward to it. :D

frosty23_45

Broke Dodge owner
Feb 12, 2008
Coal City, IL
I may have to look into that sealant. Thx for the info.

Fish:
The rims were on it when I bought it, and I don't think they look bad. It sets me apart I guess, not just another gp with t-stars.

I wouldn't mind messing w/the battery once he gets a little older. I still have the pin blocking the faster setting on it right now. He's only 3, and his 5 yr old sister usually does most of the driving.

Did you ever see that vid of the guy that put a "NOS" switch on his kid's power wheel?

Thread Info