2016 Porsche Cayman - 6000 mile Road Trip and Review

shockerracing.com

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 9, 2006
Dundee, IL
So I am finally getting around to posting up about my 2016 Porsche Cayman I picked up on July 13th. I had ordered it in March because all of the Cayman's in stock on dealer lots were fully loaded and had the PDK transmission. In order to fit my budget, I needed to order with a lot less options and I was wanting to get a 6 speed. I placed my order for a Racing Yellow Cayman and I just added the Sport Chrono Package, the Bose Stereo and the Sport Steering Wheel. The initial order was supposed to be for a 2015 but I ended up getting the very first 2016 Cayman in the U.S. When it finally got into the U.S. and I took delivery I had two weeks left before my wife, Kim, and I had planned to take it on a 3 week road trip. Our destinations were: Kansas City, Turner Falls in Oklahoma, Dallas/Ft. Worth, the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, San Diego, Palm Springs, Monterey, and then San Francisco before heading home. So far my wife and I have been enjoying the hell out of it. We loved every minute of the trip with this car and ended the trip with over 6800 miles on the car just 5 weeks after taking delivery of her! I wrote a complete review and blog of our trip over on ShockerRacing.com and you can check it out here if you are interested: http://www.shockerracing.com/index....s/145-981-porsche-cayman-road-trip-and-review

Of course I made wifey take some pics in a ShockerRacingGirls Crop Top because well... thats what I do! So be nice, the blonde is my wife, Kim, aka Mrs ShockerRacing!

After washing the Cayman in Palm Springs

Scenic Overlook in the mountains over Palm Springs

At Pepperdine University in Malibu, CA

At Turner Falls Park in Oklahoma

shockerracing.com

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 9, 2006
Dundee, IL
I definitely dig the car, James. Especially the more I see of it. I'm also super jealous of the road trip...I dont think the Evo could ever do that, or the Honda :rofl:

The road trip was so amazing, I kept saying it was a once in a lifetime kind of trip but I will definitely have to do something like this again. It was so much fun, everyone asks if we had a favorite part of the trip but what was cool was that it felt like 5 or 6 different trips all in one.

Thread Info