XxApollynxX's 2006 Ford F250 "The Spool Bus"

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
Bought the truck on 8/1/15. When I got it had 186,XXX miles on it and looked like this...
image_zpsviwg5nki.jpeg

image_zpsqe7efsyf.jpeg

The truck is a 2006 Ford F250 Amarillo Edition with a 6.0 Powerstroke Turbo Diesel...

The Grille Guard/Bumper, Mesh Grille Cover, Diamond Plate Below Rockers, Cap/Topper. Mud Flaps and Bug Deflector are all things that just wasn't my style. Upon further inspection before saying yes to the truck I spied with my little eye...

ARP HEADSTUDS:
image_zpsqghbtqr3.jpeg

EGR DELETE:
image_zpsijcmdnxn.jpeg

OIL FILTRATION/BYPASS KIT:
image_zps3a6q3xzn.jpeg

ATS DEEP PAN:
image_zpsoltoiyby.jpeg

At this point I knew I was looking at a bulletproofed truck with some higher miles but that didn't bother me. I made the deal and started off with a good base.

GMS Cold Air Intake
GMS Big G Tuner/Monitor
Silverline 4" Turbo Back Exhaust w/ 5" Tip
18" Polished Lariat Wheels (Came with 20" Originally)
Ranch Hand Grille Guard
ARE Bed Cap/Topper
ARP Head Studs
EGR Delete Kit
Filtration Solutions Worldwide FS-2500 Bypass Filter System
20% Front Window Tint w/ 4" Windshield Stripe
Side Window Deflectors

First order of business that Sunday 8/3/15 was a full tank of fuel with Power Services Diesel Kleen, Oil/Oil Filter Change, Fuel Filter Change, Oil/Fuel Filter Cap Replacement, Wiper Blades. Removal of the grille guard, grille mesh, bug deflectors, diamond plate and bed topper and a Full Detail.

No more grille guard/push bar and mesh for the grille, while doing the rest of the service.
image_zpsjjbkgpi9.jpeg

Off to the do it your self spray booth to get everything all clean... No more cap!
image_zps1m4txfph.jpeg

Got a set of Harley headlights to throw on as well and decided to plasti-dip the chrome grille as well.
image_zpsuapgjtys.jpeg

image_zpspchra1be.jpeg

Got a set of Recon Smoked clearance lights...
image_zpsyzc5ea0h.jpeg

Time to leave the GMS Big G Tuner take a break and be only a monitor and get it flashed with what it should be a SCT Programmer with custom tunes from Gearhead.
image_zpsybjmk0da.jpeg

I also bought Quad Gauge Pillar Pod, Boost Gauge, EGT Gauge, Trans Temp, Fuel Pressure and the Strictly Diesel Fuel PSI Line Kit that I still have to install...

Always wanted to do a different exhaust set up so I found a local guy with these 6" miter cut side by side offset stacks so I picked them up!
image_zpsjscv7vys.jpeg

Was no turning back at this point...
image_zpstbt7lbns.jpeg

image_zpsxggzd7d9.jpeg

image_zps2zjaomae.jpeg

With needed tires decided it was time for an upgrade for wheels as well got these XD Grenade wheels in 18x9 and got some 285/75R18 (35s) Nitto Terra Grappler G2 Tires.

image_zpsonsqudzy.jpeg

image_zpsjtmqj4qz.jpeg

To fit the 35's I have to have atleast a leveling kit so I bought a Rough Country 3" Suspension Lift Kit. I also opted to upgrade to their Performance 2.2 Series shocks and picked up the dual steering stabilizer kit with the 2.2 series upgrade as well.

I didn't get any pictures of the lift kit or install but this is the finish product and how it currently sits with the wheels and tires mounted!

image_zpszjaadvh6.jpeg

image_zpsz719x7b6.jpeg

Next:
Install my Quad Gauge Pillar/Gauges
Get The Windows Re-Tinted
Fix The Paint On The Bottom Of The Doors
Black Out Chrome Side Steps
Black Out Chrome Mirror Caps
Black Out Rear Chrome Bumper
Black Out Front Half Chrome Bumper

Last edited:

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
2006 Ford F250 Super Duty Amarillo Edition

Granatelli Motorsports Cold Air Intake
Granatelli Motorsports Big G Tuner/Monitor (110HP)
SCT XF3 Handheld Programmer (Gearhead Tunes)
Silverline 4" Downpipe
Silverline 4" Intermediate Pipe
Custom 4" Inlet Into Dual 6" Miter Side by Side Offset Exhaust Stacks
ARP Head Studs
EGR Delete Kit
Rough Country 3 inch Ford Series II Suspension Lift Kit
Rough Country Performance 2.2 Series Shocks
Rough Country Ford Dual Performance 2.2 Steering Stabilizer Kit
KMC XD Grenade 18x9 Wheels
285/75R18 Nitto Terra Grappler G2 Tires (35s)
Autometer Quad Gauge Pillar Pod
Autometer Boost Gauge
Autometer Trans Temp Gauge
Autometer Pyrometer Gauge
Autometer Fuel Pressure Gauge
Strictly Diesel Driven Diesel 6.0L Fuel Pressure Adapter Kit
Black Wheel Lug Nuts
Line-X Spray In Bed Liner
20% Front Tinted Windows
20% Windshield Strip
Harley Davidson Headlights
Plasti-Dipped Grille
Recon Smoked Clearance Lights

Last edited:

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
Those stacks are going to be hell on the paint. One drive through rain and the back half and roof will be covered in soot. No ty

It's not as bad as you think, the miters shoot up pretty much, the rain does leave little droplets of soot around though. Good thing I work at a place that I can clean my truck everyday if I wanted to, or have one of the guys do it.

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
Let it sit in one rain and fire it up next day. Lol

Love the color though. If it was shortbed I'd be interested

I already have had it sitting in the storms we had a couple days ago. That's why you drill a small tiny hole at the bottom of the elbow it lets all the water drain out and I get no geyser. Thus far theres barely any soot that collects on the cab either but I have the truck cleaned all the time. I still have the part I cut out that I can weld back in and bed coat if I ever go back. The Crew Cab Long Bed is fun stuff!

Thread Info