another ls turbo

GIMPY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 21, 2009
Elgin
So as some of u may know I've been throwing around the idea of going turbo. Had a badass block but sold it after seeing first hand what we can do with sbe 5.3 and 6.0. So it's dooms day and I am done with nitrous. It was fun but I'm sick of filling bottles even though I had a filling station and it was super cheap.

I will build my own kit and my own air to water as many of u know I obviously do that stuff for a living for some of the big guys in nmra and nmca.

Basic run down will be a sbe 5.3 with a custom ground cam brian tooley valve springs push rods and morel lifters ls6 intake and Id 2000 injectors . I may half fill the block but it's up in the air. If money is there I'll do it...

Fuel system is a complete behind bars race cars stock location tank that I made to only hold 7 gallons of fuel. The in tank pump is a magnafuel pro tuner 750. I have more than enough pump for what this motor will make .

The real fun stuff. The turbo kit

Basic run down of this garrett gt42 02. Dual tial mvr wastegates custom made air to water.. depending on what I want to do with car I may or may not put full exhaust on the car. Kots is the least of my worries don't care for it... I wanna see how far I can push this before it grenades. I will try my best to update this thread with as many pics as possible.

Once this js all done I'll be doing a 10pt on the car. Custom no pre bent bullshit. I can easily upgrade to a 25.5 if needed.

If anyone has any question please feel free to ask. Many of u know I'm done dealing with drama with grudge racing. If u wanna race cool heads up is all u get...

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Oh sweet jesus. I cant wait to see you go ham with this setup.

file.gif

GIMPY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 21, 2009
Elgin
Not yet. I just tore the car apart today. Need to pick up motor and start building air to water hopefully in a couple weeks. I'll be building the kit on the orginal motor in the car until I get the 5.3 all put together. Be patient with me [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION]. Do my best to keep u guys updated. I'm worried I'll run out of turbo but I can make her run hard. I have some tricks up my sleeve to put the power to the ground and make her 1/8 mile like mother fucker

GIMPY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 21, 2009
Elgin
Thanks [MENTION=7289]IZZy[/MENTION] [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION]. I was pretty bummed out when i got the news. But like many people have told me things happen for a reason there's always bigger and better opportunities. 5mins after I got the call I was called by a shop who were looking for apprentices .. Down side is they won't hire me on till November because that's when they send them out for OSHA training and schooling. But I could be hired on as a helper as early as June. As fair as welding goes I am done with it. Time to become an electrician and keep welding as just what it started out as . a hobby

On a good note I did pick up my 5.3 since I did pay for that 2 weeks ago lol

Thread Info