The TDI got its summer shoes finally!

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Thanks guys... I'm fucking stoaked, the only pictures I saw of these on a car was a white 2dr MK6, knew I liked the wheels, but liking them on the car is a different story... I'm not disappointed in the slightest.

As far as lowering it goes... IF I do lower it, I have to do air bags in the rear for towing (I use this for pulling a light trailer) so, that needs to be sorted as well.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Shouldn't be too long... I bought the car in October of last year and have been waiting for the hitches to come out like a kid waiting for Christmas morning... Because of the Urea tank location on the rear frame horn and being a first year new bodystyle, they had to redesign the hitch completely. Draw-Tite just released the MK7 TDI hitch about two weeks ago, so, as soon as it gets to Master Hitch, where I have all my towing and snow plow stuff installed, it's getting installed. As of now I'll just be pulling a 4x8 trailer with my ATV on it, but, I have plans to get a bigger trailer in the future. Ideally, I'd like to get this new trailer that AlumaTrailers came out with that's a 6x16 deck, tandem axle with electric brakes that weighs 725#'s. That way I can tow two quads on that trailer lengtwise with the TDI and be right at the 2000# mark or four quads side by side with my pickup and a 5th in the bed.

I know for a fact when I upgrade to that larger trailer I'm going to need to do the load-level bags, and most likely will install a trailer brake controller at the time too lol

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I wanna see this, how long? Work that diesel

I've tossed the idea around of getting a roof basket for up top to put luggage in so that there's more passenger room as well. Also, if I got that, I think I'd need to put a 42" LED Light bar up there.

thule-moab-690xt-car-roof-baskets-lrg.jpg

It should also be noted that before I went with the wheels, I searched for options outside of coilovers to lift the car up another 1-2 inches so I could clear General Grabber AT2 A/T tires :rofl:

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
If I had a WRX I'd do it the day after I bought the car... You can do OE suspension off another model (I believe the Forester??) and get 2ish inches out of it and retain stock ride quality for the most part. I actually got the idea to run those specific tires from a subaru I saw up by my house. I've got those tires on my pickup and I love them.

Thread Info