My Cobra's DD replacement!!

K0R3AN

I Love Lamp!
Apr 29, 2008
Denver, CO
As some of you know, last month my Terminator hydroplaned on standing water and it crashed into a concrete wall. I was only going about 30MPH so damage wasn't too bad, but enough to make me realize that I shouldn't daily drive a 500/500 car. :ford:

This was the reason why it hydroplaned

And the Result...

The Cobra's replacement:: 2014 F150 FX4 Ecoboost

Now, because I have a serious problem with tinkering, I already have a catted DP, AFE intake, and a tune on it's way! I'd like to keep this subtle so that's about the extent of what I will do. I've juggled the idea of a level and a set of 34s, but I haven't come across a trailhead that needs it yet.

The Cobra WILL return, but now that it is no longer my daily, it will come back better and stronger! ;)

K0R3AN

I Love Lamp!
Apr 29, 2008
Denver, CO
Thanks Mike! I didn't even have a bump, bruise, or soreness! It just feels nice to have less drone, air conditioning, drive ability in rainy weather, no clutch in stop/go traffic, passenger/cargo space... actually, this is much better to drive on a daily basis. :lol: AND I get to keep "boost" in the family. ;) All I need now is a Centrifugal.

K0R3AN

I Love Lamp!
Apr 29, 2008
Denver, CO
Thanks guys! I love it so far!

LOL, Thanks Will. It's good to be part of the Ecoboost community! Have any advice? According to many, I drive the "pussy version" of the manly F150 crowd.

Also, I'm thinking of what to do with the Cobra next... should I keep it roots and do a larger blower? Then again, I do have another nagging car that hasn't seen the road in over 4 years, and she's getting quite jealous of the attention the Fords get. ;)

K0R3AN

I Love Lamp!
Apr 29, 2008
Denver, CO
Love my fx4, 30k. Miles in my eco with no problems, and much more fun then 5.0
Stock good year tires are junk FYI!

I see... well, I guess I'll have to replace those then! This is my first truck so I would love to take ideas!

A ford guy nice

If you have plans for the cobra

Let me know those plans I have a couple of stock looking ideas unless your going for kb or whipple

Thanks! I'm about at the limit of what I want to do with the Cobra already. I'm hoping to jump into a TVS or Whipple. Currently, it's a stage 4 Steige, 2.76 upper, 4lb lower, 125shot, BF idlers, ORX and Borla Stingers, 170 thermostat, amount a couple other miscellaneous things. I'm always open to ideas, so shoot them this way! :)

Nice purchase! I need to buy a project car so I stop modifying my truck.

I hear you on that! Problem for me is, I keep buying new projects without completing the old ones! Between the Supra, SN95 (gone), and the Termi, it's a never ending struggle. Haha

Sorry to hear about the car.

Nice looking DD!

Thank you!

Thread Info