Billys Black on Black FD (v2..1994 edition)

billzrx7

Addict
May 26, 2013
So as some of you may know, a sudden flood in my street totaled out my car (thanks state farm!). I got paid a good chunk and figured, screw it. Ill find another black on black base model. Easy right? wrong. I did find ONE in arkansas and the seller was great enough to deliver it up with all the extra parts for a few extra bones. The deal was struck, delivery date set. He sent me this picture:

I was stoked. Lots of extra parts coming with this bad boy (theyre in the for sale section currently lol, sorry zeke!)

Some parts:

Got these forgestar FV14s with the car. I dont think theyve ever been out of the box:

Not a great pic of how she looked when I got her but it works:

Old busted (flood car) and the new one:

We decided to roll the rear fenders for clearance with the amount of meat I want to run and after hitting some of it with the heat gun this lil feller dropped out:

I almost had to burn the car down.

There was no interior in the back of the car and since I had just redone all the interior in the other car.. it was time to swap it at the shop. (CJ-Motorsports shop that is). Since one of the guys there is buying my flood salvage roller, he offered to help me remove the 7k rebuilt motor thats in the new car, and move the 500hp monster out of the flood car into it.

Now, Ive always wanted a sand blast cabinet.. they just happen to go onsale. this one leaks a little bit in some of the seams but ill fix that up with some duct tape and itll be good to go.

The new car came with an extra set of both upper and lower control arms (all of them) as well as some other tidbits of suspension extras. So i figured I would clean them up and paint them. (Thought about polishing them but thats just one more thing you have to wipe down all the time). This piece is painted but the flash makes it look like its still in primer. Its a mediuim gray.

Control arm painted (dont mind the over spray. ill fix itl later)

billzrx7

Addict
May 26, 2013
It also came with all new bushings (both an unknown poly kit and a superpro kit that I sold to dfoster)

So thats where it sits right now. This weekend the drive train will be swapped over as well as the suspension (have some KYB/Tein combos to put on it until the winter when i pick up some coilovers). Now I just need all of you to go buy parts so I can get rubber on the forgestars ;)

billzrx7

Addict
May 26, 2013
the garage has a slant on the backside. we nick named that the "door to wonderland".

needless to say the underside of the car will be getting a nasty power wash prior to me doing the suspension work.

I did build some shelves in the garage. Ill take some pics of that.

billzrx7

Addict
May 26, 2013
No pics of engine removals.. everyones seen a dozen+ of those. But heres a few of the 100psi when cold rebuilt motor I pulled from the car.

This engine bay is TRASHED. Paint all scratched and chipped. Something must be done about this! But what?...

Ya, more black. Fuck you that's why!

No sass about me not removing everything. The whole car is getting resprayed come winter. I just need to skate through the end of the year.

No control arms with delin lube groove bushings installed, as well as tein S-tech lowering springs on KYB struts.

And tomorrow ill stuff the fire breathing monster back in the car and work on the task of re-adding the power steering pump, gauges, and changing the FMIC setup.

billzrx7

Addict
May 26, 2013
Engine in.. took literally 5 minutes to get it mounted in. Then came the fab work for changing the FMIC from the blitz to the precision turbo one. So..

Also working on some new radiator mounts (lower left corner of next pic). Ill take some pics of the final piece when its finished.. but i did pick up a new BOV

Tial Q. Its a bit large.

And you can see where the meth tank is being relocated to

I should have all the brackets finished up tonight and most, if not all, of the car together.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
True, but don't the rotary's typically have rather low breaking point? School me on rotary :)

I am sure a true rotary dude will step in but the basic jist of things is that tuning is far more important on these motors. Any real sign of detonation and things go bad compared to a piston motor which can at least take a little detonation before blowing up.

billzrx7

Addict
May 26, 2013
True, but don't the rotary's typically have rather low breaking point? School me on rotary :)

Not really. Tune makes all the difference. Just like anything else.

I am sure a true rotary dude will step in but the basic jist of things is that tuning is far more important on these motors. Any real sign of detonation and things go bad compared to a piston motor which can at least take a little detonation before blowing up.

Depends on the seals in the motor. The general rule of thumb is anything over 50knock and the motor is gone. @ 22psi i only see 19 knock, so I have room to grow, im just about out of turbo and im definitely out of fuel pump/stock hard lines.

Thread Info