Not Embarrassed to pop my hood any more. Hoss Redo

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
Ok, so I've had my 99 Hugger Orange Camaro for a little over 2 years now, and it's been down for a long time of that. When I got the car I hated how under the hood looked, so while it was down I cleaned things up a bit.

The car was taken off the road because it developed a tick/knock. Well a previous owner had ported the stock throttle body and epoxied a piece in there. That piece came out and made it's way through the intake and I found it sitting on top of an intake valve, after I had the motor and trans out. So I would recommend not putting epoxy in your throttle body even though I know it's a common mod.

I have worked with some great people to get the car to where it is now. When I first got it Han's at Dean's Performance went through the rear end and had to install a new true track in the 12 bolt. Then I hooked up with Larry at AMS and had them tune it. Then while the car was down and in pieces I met Kevin at Kevin's Service Center in Batavia and he got the engine bay painted, fixed a crack in the firewall, filled in a ton of holes in the engine bay, hid/cleaned up all of the engine wiring, and installed everything. And of course all of my friends and some forum members who I have bought parts from along the way.

The car still needs some small things, but it is miles ahead of where it was. I was embarrassed to open my hood before, not anymore. I'm very happy with how it has turned out.

And now onto some before and after pics.

Here are some before, you can see how filthy everything was:

This is the piece that started it all

Stock Bay

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
Only thing that looks good against orange, and you can only do so much in orange. I love that it looks clean. We did all the brackets and stuff in a matte finish so they didn't stand out, but looked clean.

I usually do EVERYTHING Matte Black myself, then pending the color of the car, paint match or polish whichever items I want to stand out. (Ricer Red, Silver, what have you.) Same concept, usually pretty awesome results as well.

I'm loving how well the orange and black make that Carbon Fiber pop. Just keep in mind, only color that goes with it or not, it looks titties, simple and clean.

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
Here is a pic of the whole car for you guys. I didn't do anything to the exterior. Now that the bay looks so good I feel I need to paint the car to make it match. I will add some more pics of the car and work a little later.

431957_4534710260332_1434670476_n.jpg

Thread Info