My GCSRT8 is going under the knife tomorrow!!

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So tomorrow starts a small part of my build on my Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8.
So far my PB is a 12.98 with just exhaust and CAI, hoping this gets me to a consistent low 12. I am hoping to p/u somewhere around 60hp to the wheels. Only thing that sucks is I cant get tuned till June 1st, so will be using a BS start-up tune till then. Eventually I will be boosted, hoping next year, going to have to replace trans and a few other things before I go the boosted route. Might throw a 100 shot on it this summer just for shits and giggles. Here is what I will be installing tomorrow

PWR Mean Street Heads
PWR Custom Ground Cam
SLP Underdrive Pulley
Stainless Works Long Tubes w/Hi Flow cats
New Timing Chain and Cover
Forged Push Rods
New Water Pump (has to come off why not replace)
85MM Arrington Cast TB (dont have yet but will before I am tuned)

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Yup I've seen you around. I always wanted to pull up along side of you and tell you that the tails are WAAAAYYYY to dark
Believe it or not, I could have put another coat maybe 2 and still been legal. If I'm not mistaking law is they have to be visible at 400', you can see my brake lights during the day at better than 500'.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Thank god no more lambo doors! lol Truck looks great man, you going to lower it?

Just let me know when you want to get her in, I have this Sat morning open for now.
Lol on the doors. Kind of tapped after the build Kevin, but will be working about 25-40 hrs of overtime per week starting next week and in to June. Going to a Mopar thing in Indy end of June, so I will talk to you before then. Plan on lowering it, just dont know the route I want to go yet, coilovers or lowering springs. Have heard mixed results on both, springs are $700 cheaper. Would hate to spend a grand on coilovers just to decide I hate them, in the same breath though I want to keep the raked look, and I think the springs would make the front and rear even. The coilovers are adjustable and I could keep the raked look.

Thread Info