Audi S4 V8???......uh, yes please!!!

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
I recently decided to upgrade my winter daily driver, which is the Green Ford Explorer V6 that you see in my sig, to something a little newer and peppier. I have always thought that Audi's were fun as hell in the snow so naturally those were on my short list; though I figured given the price ceiling I had set, I would only be able to get a 6 cylinder or something. Fast forward to Monday when I see an ad on Autotrader for a 2005 Audi S4 with a 4.2 V8, M6 trans, AWD, Recaro heated leather seats, moonroof, etc. I went and looked at it that afternoon and it looked even better in person and drove quite nicely! Very good pickup and the AWD just grips the road surface relentlessly! It is nowhere near as powerful as my Pontiac G8, but 340hp/302tq is no slouch for a DD car either. Needless to say, I really like this car, the comfort it offers, as well as the sportiness too. I absolutely love being able to row my own gears again!

This is the only picture I have taken of it so far, so forgive the terrible angle. I will take more tomorrow, weather permitting.

Attachments

• Audi S4.jpg
    Audi S4.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 150

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Rocket,

How do you like the G8? That's one I have been interested for a while now.

I love the G8! When it is good weather out, I drive it as often as possible. The only shitty thing is that I have to keep Mickey's on her all the time now because I just don't feel safe with street tires anymore. The turbos spool violently fast in this thing. Gas mileage has always been great. Back when the car was mostly stock and just TT's on it, I was regularly pulling down 29mpg highway and was able to obtain 31mpg a few times when consciously trying to get the best mpg. Now, even with all the shit I have done to it, the car still gets middle 20's highway mpg. One thing I didn't like on it was the DoD valvetrain, just too weak IMO for a performance car. I replaced that as soon as I could after first digging into the engine.

nice pickup rocket! sweet ride.

Thanks.

Those 4.2's sound so sick with an exhaust!!

Nice pickup!

Thanks. I do not plan to mod the piss out of this, like I do with all my other performance cars, but an exhaust and possibly a CAI to wake the sound up ever so slightly are likely future mods. I am not looking for an annoying loud or aggressive V8 sound, just a slightly more pronounced burble. I noticed that Magnaflow makes a catback for these cars, so I am checking into how those sound.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
The stockers look boring to me...dated even...I agree with your brother.

I agree with the new rims...

Nice car, but the stockers are very plain/boring.

but an upgrade would not hurt either
i had an 01 a6 with the 4.2 and deleted the center resonator and put magnaflows on it and it sounded great nice and deep but aggressive when the rpm got high. but never overly loud

Crap, I was hoping more people would like them, so I would feel less inclined to want to change them. Oh well, maybe next year I will buy some different wheels. For now it is about adding a little more power and sound, first and foremost.

Boogeyman, once I sell some of my other mods I have sitting around, I will be buying the Magnaflow catback for this car.

boogeyman

T-BURD
Sep 25, 2012
demotte in
u may want to just delete the center resonator before u go that far if u dont want it super loud mine sounded really good with just the rear most stock mufflers on it and cats
i got a little greedy and put the mags on and not so much that i regretted it but i liked the tone it had better with just the rear mufflers only better much more deep and musclecar like especially above 5500 rpm
i tried a cold air and it made no diffreance at all power wise so i sold it and modded the stock air box to get more sound from it

Thread Info