Introducing The Twisted Sister

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Official GLADIATOR RACING INC Press Release:

The Pony Express was officially traded on Sept. 29.

After years of searching for the right trade, it finally happened. My main objective was to get a stock suspension race car. I received all types of interesting and crazy trade offers. I saw an ad on Racing Junk from a guy in Milwaukee looking for a big tire car. I contacted him and went to Milwaukee to see his car in person. Nick and his dad own an auto shop and race a dragster and were looking for a big tire chassis car to run bracket racing, and possibly some NHRA events. It was a perfect scenario for both of us. PE was built for NHRA Super Street and Super Gas classes. Nick had the stock suspension car I wanted, down to the body style, the popular Mustang fox notch.

I had agreed to trailer PE up north, so on Saturday morning I got up early and went to pick up the Uhaul trailer I reserved. I waited in line for an hour to find out they accidentally rented out my trailer to another Uhaul location. After contacting him, he agreed to drive down with his enclosed trailer. If you think you saw the last of the Pony Express, think again. Nick races at GLD on a regular basis. PE is back to the track where it belongs. As much as my family loved PE, we can't afford to race it on a regular basis. It sat most of the time because, although street legal, it was a race car at heart.

So, what did I get? I got an 87 Mustang notch. Some of you will recognize this car. It was a locally owned car several years ago that belonged to a guy named Curtis aka "Pinky". It has been in the eights with a SBC and N2O. It currently has a SBF with N20. This notch has everything I wanted in the suspension department, including a complete Strange built 8.8 rear end. It's a rust free solid car with a wicked straight paint job. I wasn't sure about the color, but when I saw it in person, it was love at first sight. The House of Colors Pink Pearl changes about four colors.

I was throwing around some possible names for the car. I attended a company outing this past Friday and our company's top dawg did a presentation. His yearly inspirational theme has been music, "Time to Rock". In the presentation, he played several rock bands. One of them play the song "I wanna rock!" A light bulb turned on in my head...without further adieu....

I present my new ride, The Twisted Sister:

TS1_zpsbe222754.jpg

TS2_zps488f98c7.jpg

TSengine_zps974a76e9.jpg

TSandPE_zps349b443b.jpg

Thread Info