Mitcubishievo: Winter set up installed...

M

Mitchubishievo

Yes, this is my winter set up. Many people would say I'm pretty nutty for having Evo X Enkies for winter, but c'mon, if you know me, you know all I do is whore nice wheels/tires. It's become my trademark :lol:.

Specs on the wheels/tires:
OEM Evo X Enkeis 18x8.5 +38 offset
235/40R18 Bridgestone Blizzak LM 25's

On to the eye candy...

IMG_0234-2.jpg

IMG_0235-2.jpg

IMG_0236-2.jpg

IMG_0237-2.jpg

IMG_0238-2.jpg

IMG_0239-2.jpg

IMG_0240-2.jpg

IMG_0241-2.jpg

More pics to come. Debating about some spacers for uber good looks for winter.

-Mitch

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
well you should get expensive spacers and thin ones. else they can just add to problems... additional weight and they may loosen up (removes coining effect) or cause extra stress and bust off studs or something, especially if you are going to be putting stress on the wheels.

i forgot what size spacers i had, but i had turner motorsports wheel studs on my e36 m3 and i think h&r wheel spacers, to fit OEM wheels over the big brembos we put on. same fitment as 8-series so they were oem brembos off an 850. i'm anal about torque wrenches, never had a problem, had them on less than a year though. guy i sold the car to eventually had 4 studs break on one of the front tires. i'm done ever running spacers.

M

Mitchubishievo

i think you have a sickness :rofl:

but as always, car looks great :bigthumb:

Absolutely no argument there, I think I am sick.

well you should get expensive spacers and thin ones. else they can just add to problems... additional weight and they may loosen up (removes coining effect) or cause extra stress and bust off studs or something, especially if you are going to be putting stress on the wheels.

i forgot what size spacers i had, but i had turner motorsports wheel studs on my e36 m3 and i think h&r wheel spacers, to fit OEM wheels over the big brembos we put on. same fitment as 8-series so they were oem brembos off an 850. i'm anal about torque wrenches, never had a problem, had them on less than a year though. guy i sold the car to eventually had 4 studs break on one of the front tires. i'm done ever running spacers.

Don't the German cars have the studs on the lug nuts? People in the evo world run spacers with zero issue. We're talking 15mm on race cars that have seen multiple seasons and zero problems.

S

speedycoop

i HAVE to use spacers on my car with my winter setup just in the front and i have the lug studs (lug on the nut.. the euro thing): stock wheels with blizzaks, but due to the big brake kit the wheel meets the caliper so i had 1/2in spacers made and some new lug studs made which are a 1/2in longer than oem. i have never had an issue with spacers and this will be winter #4 with this setup.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
i never understood why people freak out about "nice wheels" in the winter... just keep your car decently clean and make sure to wax the wheels inside and out before you put them on and they will look brand new forever. the only wheels that you really shouldnt run in the winter are chrome wheels because the chrome tends to peel off, but in my opnion chrome wheels arent nice anyway so fuck it, who cares? chrome wheels have no place on a performance car

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
be too afraid someone else would fuck it up.

you wouldn't drive an sti or evo in the winter? c'mon dude. if you have one of these cars you are supposed to drive down the highway sideways. and just drive off the road and around traffic. :) i've never done this but i'm not letting another winter go by without trying it either. :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neYOLNyZuz0

Thread Info