Project Rebuild Saleen

serb82

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
Well when I wrecked the car first week of june 2010, I figured it would be time to make a toy out of it. The car got 8 point cage with through the floor subframe connectors, would be a 10 point but I dont want door bars to climb over while getting in and out of the car or swing outs, in my point are a waste of time since its not a solid weld and will always have a little slop in it.

Caged and performance work done by my buddy:
http://www.psiracingonline.com/index.html

Here are a few pictures of it and the rebuild in progress, hope to have it on the road by june 2011

When I first got it:

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 225

serb82

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
Motor plans at the moment is to run the stock block with the kenne bell 2.1 @ 14psi on e85 ( now tuned for 11 psi on pump 450 whp/470wtq by kurgan) and stock 5 speed with mmr 900 clutch, once that blows then another money pit project starts on motor and trans.

Has pa racing front K member, qa1 coil overs, a-arms and c/c plates, full bassani exhaust
Rear end is solid with 31 spline eaton, alloy alxes, 3.73 rear, and gridle, strange 3 ways shocks and unknown springs at moment
Fuel system will have a sumped tank and what ever else is required for a full return system ( still need to buy or sump my self)

Rear end will be done by end of week!! Hopefully body by end of next week.

serb82

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
hell yeah, i want a cage so bad :( how much is that running btw if you dont mind me asking...?

Think is was about 80 feet Chrome moly tubing $700, labor around $1500 keeps factory hvac box,airbags which I took out later,only thing in dash that I lost due to bars was driver side air vent. Still have access to factory computer location. About $100 in single stage paint and wet look additive. The cage is just door bars away from a 10 point cage, which can always be installed down the road. I didn't want door bars since its going to be a street toy.

Thread Info