1MEANGT's 1990 Mustang GT

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
I bought this car from the original owner back in 1996 when I was a senior in high school. It was a bone stock 5spd, black on black hard top with no sunroof GT. In 1997 I thought about selling it to buy a 1993 Cobra, but since it was paid for I decided to start building it instead. I started with heads, cam, intake, exhaust, 3.73 gear, and some other standard bolt ons. I also added the Saleen wing, 2.5" cowl hood, shaved door handles, 93 Cobra front bumper insert and tail lights. Then had the entire car repainted.

In spring of 2004 I finally added some boost to the car. I installed a Vortech s-trim supercharger with 8lbs of boost and upgraded the fuel system. About a year later I still wanted more and upped the boost to 15lbs, added the Snow Performance water/meth injection, and had the car tuned with an SCT chip. I also upgraded the rear end and trans at this time. At this point the car made 521 RWHP and 512 RWTQ. Kept this setup for the next few years.

13yhy7d.jpg

From there I decided the supercharger was great, but I got bit by the turbo bug. After researching turbos for about a year I finally pulled the trigger. Even Kelly liked the idea.

2qwpxxs.jpg

I sold my Vortech and other supporting mods and bought a Quicktime single turbo system. It was a complete kit with a Precision PT6776 turbo, ceramic coated hot side, powder coated cold side, front mount air to air intercooler, Tial wastegate and blow off valve. Hans at Deans Performance then swapped out my 3.73 gears to 3.27, installed my new DFX clutch, and custom built my 3.5" exhaust from the down pipe back. Finally I had the car retuned by Bob Kurgan and it made 519 RWHP 538 RWTQ with 12 lbs of boost. Needless to say I am a turbo guy for life now! I have ran a best of 10.94 at 127mph.

I have done almost all the work on this car myself and with my dads help. I have to give my father a lot of credit. 15 years of broken knuckles and lots of swear words. But to this day he will still help me wrench on it, no questions asked!

Engine:
Stock bottom end 5.0
Ford E303 cam with 1.6 RR
Trick Flow TW heads with upgraded valves, springs, and retainers
Trick Flow Track Heat upper/lower intake
60lb injectors
MSD 6AL ignition
130 amp alternator
255 Walbro intank with T-rex inline pumps
Moroso battery relocation kit
Line loc
No AC or Smog
Aluminum radiator
Mark 8 electric fan
DCC fan controller
SCT 2800 MAF and Chip
Quicktime turbo system
Precision PT6776 Turbo

Suspension and drivetrain:
Global West rear lower control arms
X2C rear upper control arms
Welded torque boxes
Tokico 5-way adjustable shocks
Steeda sport springs
Steeda camber/caster plates
No front sway bar
Tremec TKO trans
Centerforce DFX clutch
Pro 5.0 shifter
Aluminum driveshaft
Driveshaft safety loop
Strange 31 spline axles
Auburn pro
3.27 FMS gears

Exhaust:
3" downpipe from the turbo
3.5" single custom exhaust from the downpipe back
Borla XR1 muffler dumped at the rear axle

Exterior:
Saleen spoiler
2.5" cowl hood
Shaved door handles
93 Cobra bumper insert
93 Cobra tail lights

Wheels:
FMS 1995 Cobra R 17x9 wheels
245/45/17 nitto front tires
275/40/17 Mickey Thompson drag radial rear tires

15x3.5 and 15x8 Prostars
26x10 Mickey Thompson slicks and skinnys up front

50k7k1.jpg

2n6b1y0.jpg

238eif.jpg

2nkjvwx.jpg

qrhzjm.jpg

i774nn.jpg

2pt5u0i.jpg

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
Thanks for all the compliments guys! I plan to keep this car forever.

Hopefully I will have time this summer to finish off a few little things I have been meaning to do to the car. Like the 2-step and a few maintenance items. Work and life have kept me super busy and I don't get as much free time as I used to have to enjoy it. But I hope to have her out and about more this summer!

Zach, we will definitely get together sometime when the weather is nice so you can hear the exhaust.

Thread Info