hj16's 2003 Cobra

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
past/current

Year: 2003
Make: Mustang
Model: Cobra
Factory Options: Umm, was the spoiler an option?
Performance Mods:
Ported Eaton
RR 2.90 Upper
BF 4 Idler Set
Kooks Longtubes
Kook off road X
Magnaflow Cat Back
Twin Focus Pumps
Speed Inc Tune
Suspension Mods:
BF IRS Brace
315 BFG DRs
Appearance Mods:
5% Rear
20% Side 4
18x9/18x10 Black Bullitts
Dyno Numbers/Graphs:
Umm... 480-490rwhp? Hasn't been on the dyno in 6 years, don't really remember anymore.
Track Times:
Embarrassing... 12.0@119... its been 121+

I bought the car new in February 2003 after she sat on the lot since November of 02... it was kind of an impulse buy after my 02 GT was totaled by a distracted soccer mom. I was pretty active in the modding game the first 2 years or so, before school became more demanding and distracting. Fast forward to the end of 2010 and I'm finishing up my Masters with the car still sitting in storage 99% of the year. In the last 4 years Ive probably put no more than 2,000 miles on it, most of which is undoubtedly highway. Other than the 18 passes she has on her most of the action it has seen has been from the occasional street jaunt.

I have thought many times about selling the car, but I always fall back into the thinking that since its been paid off for quite some time that it isn't a financial burden and should make for a fun toy/story as I get older and have time for it again. But... she may end up kissing goodbye if I happen to need 20K in capital for a development venture in a few years. Or if I get sick and tired or seeing people blast around in new S197s and C6Zs. :p

That being said, after I finish up my Masters this May I hope to get more involved in the Car scene once again. The Cobra has been very neglected and could use a few new go fast parts and some minor body/paint work. I have been thinking about some light suspension mods to go with some transmission massaging and possibly a E85 ready fuel system waiting for the right 2.2L KB to pop on the market. I used to have specific goals for the car, but these days I just want to get out, drive it and have it remain reliable. If it can run mid 11s at 130+ doing those some day I'll be happy.

IMG_5375rt.jpg

IMG_5370rt.jpg

IMG_5363rt.jpg

IMG_5385rt.jpg

Video to start off 2011

Thread Info