Dennis

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
No, as a matter of fact, it's been about 6 years now. Ever since my neighboors jet ski's went from perfectly fine to unable to run due to the gas he bought there. When the CITGO was open we were buying there until CHAVEZ opened his big mouth at the UN. All 4 of us have stopped buying CITGO ever since. I don't trust anyone from that area of the world, but I will buy smokes and beer etc., from the Gas Depot.

You should here the stuff I say to the owner, or his wife and the staff.

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
No, as a matter of fact, it's been about 6 years now. Ever since my neighboors jet ski's went from perfectly fine to unable to run due to the gas he bought there. When the CITGO was open we were buying there until CHAVEZ opened his big mouth at the UN. All 4 of us have stopped buying CITGO ever since. I don't trust anyone from that area of the world, but I will buy smokes and beer etc., from the Gas Depot.

You should here the stuff I say to the owner, or his wife and the staff.

...all the different brands come out of the same refinery in romeoville...be it citgo, shell, bp, clark, speedway, whatever. it all comes from the same tap. the crude is purchased by the refinery on the spot market.

venezuelan crude is too thick for just about anything except asphalt and bunker fuel. comparatively little gets refined into motor fuels.

/the more you know/

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
This is just incorrect. Just sayin' :dunno:

SHELBY GUY is correct, all the fuels do come from the same refinery, that is true, and the blend that CITGO uses vs BP is different, hence the better performance.

The part I worry about is in how much water these jerks mix in with the fuel. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these slime ball owners didn't drain there urinals and sinks into the tanks.

Tim

I like girls that drink beer
Nov 9, 2006
America
SHELBY GUY is correct, all the fuels do come from the same refinery, that is true, and the blend that CITGO uses vs BP is different, hence the better performance.

The part I worry about is in how much water these jerks mix in with the fuel. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these slime ball owners didn't drain there urinals and sinks into the tanks.

OK, just noticed he didn't list Mobil in his post so his statement is true, as Mobil does not buy gas from the Citgo refinery in Romeoville. :biggthump

01GTvert

TCG Elite Member
Jan 30, 2006
...all the different brands come out of the same refinery in romeoville...be it citgo, shell, bp, clark, speedway, whatever. it all comes from the same tap. the crude is purchased by the refinery on the spot market.

venezuelan crude is too thick for just about anything except asphalt and bunker fuel. comparatively little gets refined into motor fuels.

/the more you know/

this is true.

The crude that comes from from Ven is heavy with sulfur not like the sweet/lite goodness we get from west texas.

Thread Info