heres some vids of my system in its prime

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
yea true but i looked into dynamat, and it would cost over $400 dollars to do my whole car and on a $1200 car not to smart of an investment IMO, ill deal with the rattle cuz i don hear it in my car

true. but why put a system like that in a 1200 dollar car then..... kinda ruins the whole dynamat arguement hahaha

you do know Peak wattage doesnt mean shit. that just means thats what its capable of at a certian tone for a short period of time. you want to base your setup of RMS which is the true reading.

what box are you running? i used to be into sound SPLs a long time ago. box can make or break you.

i used to run a 3.5 cu ft box ported to 40hz for my kicker 15" L5 i had in my old grand prix. that bitch slammed 145db. ive seen videos of 8" woofers in a snail box hit to 145 and make bitches hairs stand straight up.

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
you do know Peak wattage doesnt mean shit. that just means thats what its capable of at a certian tone for a short period of time. you want to base your setup of RMS which is the true reading.

what box are you running? i used to be into sound SPLs a long time ago. box can make or break you.

i used to run a 3.5 cu ft box ported to 40hz for my kicker 15" L5 i had in my old grand prix. that bitch slammed 145db. ive seen videos of 8" woofers in a snail box hit to 145 and make bitches hairs stand straight up.

im not exactly sure of what type of box it is, possibly a folded horn box, i bought it from shibby50 with the subs. but its about 7.25 cu. ft. and im aware that peak don mean shit the rms, according to boss audio was 2200 watts :thefinger: yea right.

ehhh i dont like the no name brand shit. i dont trust thier ratings.

me nad my buddy always ran kicker stuff. he always swore by kicker and JL products. my bud used to have a 85 K5 blazer with a 10.5 cu ft sealed box with 4 15" kicker L7s. each one had thier own 1000.1. then he had full components on a seperate amp. no caps. 2 batteries 1 alt. that shit was rediculous, tho he was a installer for tweeter so thats why he knew his shit and could afford it all.

heres a pic of my old junk
oldsystem.jpg

got the job done. ported boxes make a drastic difference. i used to build tons of boxes. i built a 3.5 sealed and junked it next day with a tuned ported setup. if you have a tuned ported box it will slam.

good luck.

Last edited:

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
my box is similar to that one u had the ports are "L" shaped. somebody told me that was a folded horn box:dunno: i don no if its "tuned" but it slams tho. rearview mirror fell off, the emblem on my trunk fell off(that was funny as hell), but i want to get it metered on a term lab so i can get a real number of Db to go by.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
ehhh i dont like the no name brand shit. i dont trust thier ratings.

me nad my buddy always ran kicker stuff. he always swore by kicker and JL products. my bud used to have a 85 K5 blazer with a 10.5 cu ft sealed box with 4 15" kicker L7s. each one had thier own 1000.1. then he had full components on a seperate amp. no caps. 2 batteries 1 alt. that shit was rediculous, tho he was a installer for tweeter so thats why he knew his shit and could afford it all.

heres a pic of my old junk
oldsystem.jpg

got the job done. ported boxes make a drastic difference. i used to build tons of boxes. i built a 3.5 sealed and junked it next day with a tuned ported setup. if you have a tuned ported box it will slam.

good luck.

ive always read and thought that you want the port opening on the same plane/face as the actual speaker/woofer... i know that it works like you had it, i just thought that it was supposed to be different.

and yeah like you said..

boxes are evvvvvverything.

people always knock type r alpines... but my 10 type r alpine in my alpine spec'd box with viper 1200.1d would put a hurtin to any combo of twelves or tens my buddies could throw at it... with shitty boxes of course.

Thread Info