Few pics of my 3000GT

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
Anyone else own one of these? Mine is a 91 with ~136,000 on the ticker. 18" Crimson K6 wheels, Kumho SPTs, no cats, no mufflers, Tien springs, SAFCII, 3SX front and rear strut tower braces, drilled slotted rotors, redstuff/greenstuff, K&N.
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

Last edited:

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
Thanks for swinging in for me Euro! I got the car with the sleepy eyes look and kinda liked it so I kept it. I still have the lenses which you can see in one of the pics, but I just keep the motors disconnected. They look better at night too without the headlights all the way up.

I don't plan on ever getting rid of it. I'm not really the type to pick up a car I don't plan on keeping forever. Thats why I still have the GP! :)

"Slider, you stink." JK! Sorry, Top Gun Reference, but anyways, yeah I agree. Theres so much stuff on this car that was never really necessary for a driver car but its pretty cool to have it. Unfortunately, by the end of its US run, it was priced ahead of its time too.

IDAFC21 - I can't take all the credit for that. I've only had it for the last year and have done everything in my power to keep it in as good of condition as when I picked it up. I've got a great body guy and the previous owner took amazing care of it. I'm just doing the same! Thank you tho!!!

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
Nope, dont know an Eric Black. He on here? 3S owner?

The active Aero activates the wing and lower air dam over 45mph and down to 25mph when slowing. When it activates, the air dam behind the front bumper drops down making the car about 2-3" lower in front and the wing tilts forward giving it ~20 degrees of angle or so. I don't think I have any pictures of it on right now but if I come across some, I'll post up.

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
Didnt know the skylines had that, pretty cool! Heres a couple pics of the Active Aero at work. The front air dam is hard to see but you can kinda see the edge of it on the right side below the bumper.
3000aa-1.jpg

3000aa-2.jpg

Rebel - Whats wrong with my doors? Am I missing another reference from Saturday night?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Nope, dont know an Eric Black. He on here? 3S owner?

The active Aero activates the wing and lower air dam over 45mph and down to 25mph when slowing. When it activates, the air dam behind the front bumper drops down making the car about 2-3" lower in front and the wing tilts forward giving it ~20 degrees of angle or so. I don't think I have any pictures of it on right now but if I come across some, I'll post up.

He owns one of the few VR-4 Spyders in IL, lives in naperville area, worked/works for Circut City.

Its got the... 99? front end conversion, a viper hood, and is black.

and the active aero is slick :)

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
Oh good god that car must be sweet!!! There were so few of the VR-4 Spyders built! I'm so jealous! And yes, its the 99 front end conversion. I love the way it looks but don't have any plans to do that to mine. I like the pop up headlights and the slightly boxier look to the front end. I'm gonna have to meet your buddy and see his car. Get him on here!

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Oh good god that car must be sweet!!! There were so few of the VR-4 Spyders built! I'm so jealous! And yes, its the 99 front end conversion. I love the way it looks but don't have any plans to do that to mine. I like the pop up headlights and the slightly boxier look to the front end. I'm gonna have to meet your buddy and see his car. Get him on here!

Ironically, a client of mine at work drives a red 9...6? VR-4 Spyder also, lives in northbrook IIRC? Only 2 I've ever seen are his and Erics.

Erics car is pretty infamous IIRC, I'll see if I cant find a pic.

Thread Info