I need a good lawyer asap!!!

Slither

Feb 25, 2008
dam i didn't think i would get this many replies. well long story short. a guy caught me on a very bad day and started talking shit so I took off after him. he kept trying to get me out of the car but as soon as i would start to get out he would take off. i caught up to him at a light, got out, and grabbed my tire iron. he had noware to go and decided not to get out of his car. a lady pulled up behind me and said she was calling the cops. i told her i don't care and to mind her own busness. once the cops got me they arrested me for assult. the lady that had nothing to do with it claims that i started swinging my tire iron. i did not swing at anyone just told the guy to get out

Shmirgin44

Fire and Ice
Aug 14, 2007
If you didn't hit him there is no case. She will be called to court as a witness and most likely wont show because there was no one injured. They guy most likely wont even show because he wont want to even face you again.

You're thinking of battery. Assault is the implied threat of a battery. Without knowing the specifics, a good lawyer should be able to talk the states attorney out of prosecuting as long as he has a clean record.

Slow99x

ZOMBIE kill of the week
Jul 20, 2007
If the other driver exchanged similar words with him then they could both be charged. Just because the other guy didn't get out of his car doesn't mean he isn't any less guilty of enraging this poor guy. For all we know the other guy might have been talking about how he was going to rape his dog in detail. Who knows... its his word against the the other.

kd00gt

Workin IT!
Jan 12, 2007
assault 1) v. the threat or attempt to strike another, whether successful or not, provided the target is aware of the danger. The assaulter must be reasonably capable of carrying through the attack. In some states if the assault is with a deadly weapon (such as sniping with a rifle), the intended victim does not need to know of the peril. Other state laws distinguish between different degrees (first or second) of assault depending on whether there is actual hitting, injury or just a threat. "Aggravated assault" is an attack connected with the commission of another crime, such as beating a clerk during a robbery. 2) n. the act of committing an assault, as in "there was an assault down on Third Avenue." Assault is both a criminal wrong, for which one may be charged and tried, and civil wrong for which the target may sue for damages due to the assault, including for mental distress.

Sounds liek they can only pin you to verbal assault. I would not shell out cash for a lawyer unless you feel it is needed after your first court date. That lady may not even show up. How they heck did the cops catch you? If she said she was calling the cops, I would have busted outta there quicker than quick...

Good luck man...

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
Actually, next time just walk away from the situation. All this after the fact bullshit is not necessary (courts, expunge, lawyer fees, arrest, etc.).

As a young man, I'd say up to 21-22yrs., old I had a couple of traffic incidents where there was chasing and threats and Oh how I wanted to beat the persons head in, but it never happened, because eventually I'd give up before crashing, and once I was led right into a police department parking lot, which I left and that put an end to that particular incident, but the worst thing that happened was that once me and 3 others did corner a car, a real jerk, and as we got out of my car I saw my cousin pulling his belt off getting ready to hit the guy with his buckle and I screamed STOP, AND GET BACK IN THE CAR, IT'S NOT WORTH IT. With that the jerk ran off, and he still flipped us off, Oh this guy was such an Asshole, but as my cousin and friends were getting back in calling me a pussy, and saying after all that I should have at least done this or that, and I just couldn't imagine having to answer for that buckle hitting his head, I was terrified of sitting in jail for it, much less not stopping my cousin from it. I honestly felt like we would have killed him.

From then on I have tried to appoligise for when I screw up and make STUPID mistakes while driving, and I let others go without letting it get to me, and believe me, I got my ass beat good by my Dad for punishment, and I have beat'n some ass's that deserved it, but in traffic??? NO, not me, it's just too easy to walk up to a gun, and I have walked up to a gun, and it sucks, a gun that just might have dropped my ass right there, and for what, because "He did it on purpose", and his reply is "Oh go FK yerself, I did not", who's really right here HUH? Well, the courts think HE is, trust me.

It comes down to protecting yourself, running them down and beating their ass for what they did back there will put YOU in jail, and do NOTHING to them, so don't take on the IDIOTS roll, PROTECT YOURSELF.

Road Rage is a very REAL thing, and a very REAL WASTE OF THE RAGER'S TIME AND ENERGY.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info