Attention Auto Dealership Employees!!!

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
I am interested in finding a job for next summer that has something to do with a dealership. Possibly a porter or lot manager just to test the waters and see if I want to go farther.

A few questions I have:
Would i be able to work from about 7-4 M-F or even Saturday? (Baseball priorities).
What are the hourly wages?
Would you even hire someone for just the summer?

Let me know. Im a 20 y/o with an excellent driving record....and I drive like an old asian woman (ask CobraChris) so no cars will be harmed.

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
Rotzs99 said:
Im a 20 y/o with an excellent driving record....and I drive like an old asian woman (ask CobraChris) so no cars will be harmed.

Perfect person cut out for it. lOL

cyac5l8trfcar said:
My dealership is too far away for you to justify the commute. But, at most dealers being a porter is not a good way to find out if you like the place.

+1001

cobrasnake302

Regular
Apr 16, 2005
Most porters are paid about $10/ hr. and don't get the befinits that the techs or managers or sales people get. It isn't much pay but is usually simple just driving cars around the lot and washing them up. Don't tell them you only want the job for the summer cause they probablly won't hire you. You can try Loeber Motors in Lincolnwood. It's a Mercedes dealer and Porshe. It's one of the nicer dealers to work for.

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
What do you mean by considering going further in a dealership? Unless you want to work your way up to Head porter it is not the best way to find out what a dealership is like. I've worked as salesmen and in Sutton's HP before and the porters really are clueless in most cases to what goes on.

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
1badass96gt said:
What do you mean by considering going further in a dealership? Unless you want to work your way up to Head porter it is not the best way to find out what a dealership is like. I've worked as salesmen and in Sutton's HP before and the porters really are clueless in most cases to what goes on.

Im getting a degree in business management/finance. So im possibly looking at being in the finance department. Would it be better just to get an internship?

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
Rotzs99 said:
Im getting a degree in business management/finance. So im possibly looking at being in the finance department. Would it be better just to get an internship?

Yea, it may be tough. I don't know if dealerships do internships or not. I'm sure some do. I picked up a good amount of info this past summer selling cars about the finance part. If thats what you want to do really don't bother getting a job as a porter, you'll get zero exposure to that. Maybe trying selling cars? I did this past summer and I'm same age as you and in school too.

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
1badass96gt said:
Yea, it may be tough. I don't know if dealerships do internships or not. I'm sure some do. I picked up a good amount of info this past summer selling cars about the finance part. If thats what you want to do really don't bother getting a job as a porter, you'll get zero exposure to that. Maybe trying selling cars? I did this past summer and I'm same age as you and in school too.

so were you hired for the summer? Sell new or used?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info