yup this economy sucks

S

Scott5

You could have been working for yourself as an Amsoil dealer and not have to rely on working for someone else. My Amsoil business pays the rent every month and all the bills. I don't have to worry about working for anyone else for the rest of my life. I thank God it finally got it through my thick skull years back and began working for myself. If I hadn't, I'd be homeless right now.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
You could have been working for yourself as an Amsoil dealer and not have to rely on working for someone else. My Amsoil business pays the rent every month and all the bills. I don't have to worry about working for anyone else for the rest of my life. I thank God it finally got it through my thick skull yeas back and began working for myself. If I hadn't, I'd be homeless right now.
i wouldnt sell a product i dont belive in. nor push it on everyone i come incontact with. good luck with your mystery "oil"

S

Scott5

i wouldnt sell a product i dont belive in. nor push it on everyone i come incontact with. good luck with your mystery "oil"

Well you didn't do the research you claimed you did. There's no, "mystery", with the finest products of their kind in the world and the pioneering industry leader.
I just found it ironic that you'd be out of work, but bash people who do have a job working for themselves.
Whatever you do in life, with the years of experience I have, I personally think that working for someone else is not a good option, if you can avoid it. The days of working all our lives for one company, getting a gold plated watch when we retire and counting on that cushy retirement check, are, over. It's history. So we have to change, or suffer the consequences. There's a lot of options open to people to run their own businesses. I'd really recommend you look at something like that for your long term economic health and retirement.

S

Scott5

If I got paid enough money I would go to hospitals and sell cigarettes to cancer patients.

this isnt the thread for this discussion. if you guys want to talk about amsoil, do it in the thread thats already around

http://www.thechicagogarage.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39234

Wasn't so much talking about Amsoil, as much as running our own business. There's a lot of options people can use to run their own businesses these days. Working for, "the man", just doesn't cut it anymore.
In this Obama economy, I have had many, many friends lose their jobs and with nothing to fall back on, they are in really hot water. The federal government is trying to tell us the economy is getting better, while hundreds of thousands of newly unemployed people every month stand in the unemployment lines. It's very sad, tragic and does anger me too. I feel really sorry for those people. The economy does go in cycles and has corrections, (as it is doing now), but it is really sad to see so many millions of our fellow countrymen suffering, while the current administration is all hell-bent on ramming socialized health care down our throats. I mean, that's like fixing a pothole in your driveway while your house is burning down. :(

To the original poster, have you ever looked into starting your own business? There's all sorts of options open to you. Heck, just being a cab driver is running your own business, as you lease the cab from the company and they get a cut of your commissions/fares and you keep the rest, (you know, that, "pyramid scheme", thing). :) Look into that. Something is better than nothing. I have a friend who has become a cab driver and he thanks God for the income.
On YouTube, you can also make money posting video's when you become a YouTube Partner. They then post Adsense pops ups in your video's and every time someone clicks on that add, you get a few cents. At thousands of clicks per month, you can earn thousands per month on YouTube. Another, "pyramid scheme". :)
I have another friend who lost his job and has started his own business refreshing bathrooms for businesses. He goes in, cleans the bathrooms and has a special deodorizer he installs that keeps bathrooms smelling fresh all the time. He charges $40 a month per business for a single men/ladies bathroom. He now has 50 accounts and is bringing in $2,000 per month just cleaning a bathroom for 10 minutes and installing the air freshener's he uses. Yet another, "pyramid scheme". :)
Lots of options open to you. Think outside the box and you'll be fine. :)

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
i wanna stay away from doing package handling as i feel as though they can train a monkey for that.

im better than that ya know.. ive been doing custom work on cars my whole life and thats what i want to make a career of later. i just dont have the funds to dump into a business right now. my side jobs were great untill some noisy neighbors put an end to that, im on probation with my village untill dec. 22nd, i may start back up after that.

id love to get in being a wrench for someone, or find a place to part cars out as thats what i do on the side now, but id like to do it on a MUCH larger scale.

S

Scott5

Well beggars can't be choosers and in this Obama economy, any job is a good job.
Starting your own business doesn't have to require a lot of capital. An Amsoil business costs $15 to start. A cab driver costs a bit more for your cab for the day and you'll need to get a cab drivers license, which is an easy written test. My friend with his bathroom cleaning business, it cost him less than $100 to start and he began bringing in money immediately. There is no job we are, "too good", for. Please try not to think like that, because this economy is going to get worse before it gets better. Obama's policies are pushing it right off a cliff, like cutting hundreds of thousands of jobs in military contracts for various weapons systems such as the F-22 Raptor fighter plane, the Easter European missile defense shield and even the Presidential helicopter program being cut which immediately put over 1,000 people out of work from high paying jobs. Then the day before Thanksgiving, he goes on national tv cracking jokes that he, "Pardoned 4 turkeys"...yuk, yuk, yuk, while 15 million +++ Americans are unemployed and many of those can't even afford a Thanksgiving turkey dinner. That so angered me when he did that! The guy doesn't have a clue! Sorry for getting a little off topic, but the guy just angers me!
Look at those seasonal jobs because many times they can lead to full time employment. I've done it myself. If you work at UPS chucking packages on trucks, you are earning a paycheck. There's no shame in that at all. Heck, for extra Christmas money, I may do that myself. But if you get that job and show what a hard worker you are to your superiors, they may hire you on full time and then you can work your way up to a UPS driver and those folks make $25++ per hour! That's over $50,000 per year.
Again, I strongly encourage you to just get out there and take anything that is available, as this Obama economy is in very big danger of collapsing...but hey, that's okay, we have to have socialized health care rammed down our throats first! "Grrrrrr!"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info