WANTED: Plumber Hook Up (Water Heater)

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
Just went downstairs and noticed the right water heater is leaking. Any plumber here that wants to hook me up w/ a new hot water heater, install & removal of old water heater? If so, please PM me with availability and some sort of estimate.

Note: Leaking water heater is a Richmond Model 7K50 / Gas

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• waterheater.jpg
    waterheater.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 86

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I don't know how mechanically inclined you are but a hot water heater replacement is a relatively easy install. The hardest part is carting the old unit out. The sludge build up inside makes old units HEAVY. When I replace mine, I buy a new unit with similar hook up locations to make the job basically a plug and play without extensive adapter modifications.

If the scale tips into the hire rather than do it yourself balance, a plumber should be able to do this job fairly economically. You can price units at Lowes, Home Depot, Sam's, etc. to get an idea how much the units cost. I'd guess labor should be around $100-$150. Not a plumber so my numbers may be off. :)

Edit: Richmond is made by Rheem, I believe. Here's a 50 gal. Rheem from Amazon for $470 with free shipping. I'm not saying do it yourself, just offering a price on a similar unit so you can annoy any plumbers. :)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001F9UW62/?tag=tcg21-20

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
Apprecaite the insight Cliff :)

Check out Menards earlier and then my buddy gave me some figures on what I should be paying for labor for weekend and weekday rates.

I've had one reply, so, hope to have this squared away in the next couple of days.

OK, off to Portillos to pick up our order... The youngest turned 16 today and the family is coming over for beefs and baked mostaccioli.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info