EFI custom tuner, experienced welder/fabricator, performance mechanic seeks position

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
As the title says, I am seeking a permanent full-time position at one of the local northern Chicago area speed shops as either assistant or lead fabricator/mechanic or EFI tuner. Medical/health benefits and 401k preferred but willing to negotiate terms. Monster.com doesn't exactly understand "custom EFI tuner" so what better a place than CSVT to find this in the local area! :biggthump

My previous experience:

-13 year US Navy veteran.
-Workforce leadership and management.
-Quality assurance inspection.
-Workforce education.
-Very computer literate.
-Fabrication: Metal fabrication, welding, and metal machining to include custom intake components, custom supercharger and turbocharger systems, custom exhaust systems, etc.
-Tuning: 5 years of experience with EFI data-logging and custom tuning to include SCT Advantage and HP Tuners EFI tuning platforms for late model Ford and GM vehicles.
-Forced Induction & Nitrous Systems: 10 years of experience with design, fabrication, and installation of kit and custom centrifugal and positive displacement supercharger systems, kit and custom single and twin turbo systems, kit and custom nitrous oxide systems (dry, wet, and direct port), and fuel systems.
-General Mechanical Experience: 10 years of experience with general performance mechanical work to include powertrain removal and re-installation, engine rebuilding and assembly, advanced troubleshooting, and electrical wiring. I pay very close attention to detail, am an extremely quick learner, and bring quite a bit of life experience to the table considering that I am only 30 years old.

I will be honorably transitioning from Naval service in early January 2012 and will be ready to start the position at any time following that.

Please PM or email me if you have any questions or would like for me to send a resume. Thank you for your time.

Robert

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Maybe give Mr. Norms in rockford a call

I thought about that. I dealt with Tim Barth a while ago when he was doing the Modular Powerhouse thing and I was building the Kenne Bell Explorer. I ended up buying some ported cylinder heads and blower cams through him for it. Good guy. I am on the other side of the planet right now so I will have to wait to give em a call until I get back stateside.

Gibby_SVT

Voodoo
Apr 12, 2007
Rob you're not staying in? No lifer for you eh bro? If I had a shop I would hire you in a second. Give me and Rob a call when you get back to Chi-town so we can hook up!

FYI for those that don't know, my twin brother served in the very same Seabee batallion as our friend Rocket. We met on this forum by pure accident and have been friends since. A great guy, a patriot, and a hell of a mechanic! HIRE HIM! :)

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Rob you're not staying in? No lifer for you eh bro? If I had a shop I would hire you in a second. Give me and Rob a call when you get back to Chi-town so we can hook up!

You got 4 months Roger. Get a move on! lol

FYI for those that don't know, my twin brother served in the very same Seabee batallion as our friend Rocket. We met on this forum by pure accident and have been friends since. A great guy, a patriot, and a hell of a mechanic! HIRE HIM! :)

Yep, that was a pretty crazy coincidence! Thanks for the nice words bro. I'll be seeing you soon.

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
You're probably going to have to expand your geographical area you're looking in. There are only a handful of shops in the north suburbs. HP shops are struggling even worst than the rest of the economy because they are purely a luxury for people. Nobody "needs" to supercharge their car. If I do hear of anything I'll make sure to post it though. Good luck

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
You're probably going to have to expand your geographical area you're looking in. There are only a handful of shops in the north suburbs. HP shops are struggling even worst than the rest of the economy because they are purely a luxury for people. Nobody "needs" to supercharge their car. If I do hear of anything I'll make sure to post it though. Good luck

I hear you on those points. I will just have to wait and see what's out there and whether it fits with what I want.

If only people thought like I do then performance shops would never be affected by hard financial times. :laughing2 I feel the need to supercharge or turbocharge every single vehicle I own. :biggthump

I got a buddy that started up a speed shop about a year ago. He's running it by himself right now, next time i talk to him i'll see if he needs any more employees.

Gracias.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005

Not exactly true. My buddy got hired by Modern Muscle earlier this year, and they have been swamped since the day he started. I'm sure things are slower than they were a couple years ago, but far from struggling.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info