Jobs

CVPI

Jul 10, 2008
Anyone hiring out there now days?

I went down with the circuit city crew, have not been able to find a job since. I was there since i was 15 and 1/2 and it seems like nobody else will hire me since i worked there. I have applied to quite a few places and the only person i got a bite on was some marketing scam that i did not like as it involved credit card fraud. I work hard, have a decent amount of retail / computer troubleshooting experience, and most of all I am very professional in what I do.

I guess being young and having a million people out there kills you now.

I honestly think the economy is getting rougher and rougher as we go along, hopefully it goes upwards soon. You do not see many people getting jobs yet anymore. It is a shame when you see college graduates having to work at McDonalds.

CVPI

Jul 10, 2008
Thanks. Just really getting frustrated. I was working for a family business after this last gig that a family member owned and they just went belly up a few months ago and now im pretty upset because I can not get a student loan and may have to drop out of college because of this mess, hell even my project car is on the backburner at this point.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Dude it's really not as bad as you think. Your just looking into the place where you want to work, you have to look at the places that are busy and need people. UPS and Fedex are always looking for people. Shit go deliver pizza on friday and saturday night and make a $150 a day. That shit isn't hard at all and you can make pretty good coin

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Dude it's really not as bad as you think. Your just looking into the place where you want to work, you have to look at the places that are busy and need people. UPS and Fedex are always looking for people. Shit go deliver pizza on friday and saturday night and make a $150 a day. That shit isn't hard at all and you can make pretty good coin

+1

it's the person that makes the opportunity, not the economy.

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
Have any of you guys that are telling him to get a job that's always hiring tried to get a job with them lately? It's rough out there. Last year things got pretty bad for me and I had to get a 2nd job, I had to have a connection to get that. And I tried a lot of places. Those are the jobs people go to 1st when shit gets bad. I'm not saying don't try, quite the opposite, keep looking and don't get discouraged.

LazyT747

SFI
Sep 11, 2006

+1

it's the person that makes the opportunity, not the economy.

+1 to both of you, tired of hearin people bitch how rough it is.

start trading stocks or do something.

LazyT747

SFI
Sep 11, 2006
what the fuck is ther to trade:lmao:

and this guy doesnt have did father to fall back on JT;)

penny stocks will make u some money

yeah i work for my dad but there r plenty of opportunities out there if u get out and do the work. if i was laid off today, id be everywhere looking for a job. u can even go to colleges and find jobs that r posted up. hospitals need help. and y not further ur education if u habve the time?

besides all i deal with all day on the south side is people coming in bitching about money and how they r on unemployment and cant find a job. but then u ask them where they applied and other reasons, it usually comes back to either just a couple places applied to or they cant pass a friggin piss test.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
penny stocks will make u some money

yeah i work for my dad but there r plenty of opportunities out there if u get out and do the work. if i was laid off today, id be everywhere looking for a job. u can even go to colleges and find jobs that r posted up. hospitals need help. and y not further ur education if u habve the time?

besides all i deal with all day on the south side is people coming in bitching about money and how they r on unemployment and cant find a job. but then u ask them where they applied and other reasons, it usually comes back to either just a couple places applied to or they cant pass a friggin piss test.

Ah, the PISS TEST, Oh yeah, we can't hire a guy who smokes a little POT once a week or so, now can we???

6 Beers a day is OK though huh, NOT!!!

This one is on Ronald Reagan. After he demanded it from Federal Employees, he allowed the business's to require it also.......MAJOR TRAMPLING of rights, AND, all a lawyer has to do is hire an expert witness to testify that YES you COULD have been under the influence even days after use, and the joint you smoked on Friday become the reason you crashed on Tuesday.

Oh well, I feel bad for a guy try'n, you keep it up, keep pounding the pavement, you'll find work.

LazyT747

SFI
Sep 11, 2006
Ah, the PISS TEST, Oh yeah, we can't hire a guy who smokes a little POT once a week or so, now can we???

6 Beers a day is OK though huh, NOT!!!

This one is on Ronald Reagan. After he demanded it from Federal Employees, he allowed the business's to require it also.......MAJOR TRAMPLING of rights, AND, all a lawyer has to do is hire an expert witness to testify that YES you COULD have been under the influence even days after use, and the joint you smoked on Friday become the reason you crashed on Tuesday.

Oh well, I feel bad for a guy try'n, you keep it up, keep pounding the pavement, you'll find work.

dennis hahahaha chillllllllllllllllll

weed is one thing, but thats not the only drug out there.

idgaf if u smoke weed or not to tell u the truth, as long as ur not doing it before/during work.

i do agree with the alcohol thing. but what can u do. whats ur idea to do anything about it?

just kind of bugs me that the guy doing all the coke and x is the guy that is getting unemployment. not saying all the time but damn well most of it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info