Looking to buy a grill- opinions needed

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Me and the woman are looking for a grill for the house. We have a small patio (about 12x12) so I'm not looking for a king pit master style grille, just something big enough for like 5 or so burgurs. I'm going gas because I don't wanna mess with charcoal and everything because I simply don't have the storage space. Most of the time the cooking will just be for the 2 of us but I want to be able to cook for at least 4 people if we have guests. I'm willing to pay for quality but I don't need gimmicks or frills. Currently we are looking at the weber spirit e-210 model. I'd say it's the right size but I guess I'm just worried that with only 2 burners will it get hot enough to properly grill a steak? Anybody here experienced with weber grilles?

Model we are looking at. It has a removable center grille that you can replace with pans, griddles, woks, etc.... And it seems kinda gimmicky but possibly nice as long as it doesn't affect the function of the standard grille since it doesn't cost any extra.
c1a0c1e7-b3d2-40f0-83d6-644df2f6edb0_400.jpg

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Weber,weber,weber. Don't even look at another brand. I've learned my lesson a long time ago.

I have a Spirit 2 burner, that pulls duty with a char-coal kettle. Have had both now for 5 years.

BTW, my two burner. On high will be at 500 degrees within 10 minutes.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
I have a 2 burner Weber E-210 from 2009 and its been a great grill. My 'flavorizer bars' and grates are due for replacement but the 2 LP burners get plenty hot enough for anything you throw on it. After 4 years of use it has some wear from grilling 3-4 times a week in the summer but has plenty of life left. I get about ~18 hours on a 20lb LP tank, been thinking of piping out a NG line when I redo my deck.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Weber/close thread.

I have owned many grills. I will NEVER own another grill that is not a Weber.

Why?

Even heat distribution. Other grills cook burgers well done on one side of the grill and rare on the other.

Steady temperatures. I can set my weber at 325*, put a brisket on it and go to bed knowing when I wake up it will still be at 325*.

Replaceable parts. If something wears out on a Weber, you can buy replacement parts. Many other grills disappear after a few years and their replacement parts are non existent or nowhere to be found. Weber grills last for decades and parts are generally available.

For a smaller patio, try a Weber Genesis. I think you will be happy.

If I needed a new Weber, I'd probably buy this one. Don't need a new Weber, though, because they last forever. Granted, they are more expensive but, if they last as long as three other grills, who comes out ahead?

Amazon.com: Weber Genesis 6531001 E-330 637-Square-Inch 38,000-BTU Liquid-Propane Gas Grill, Black: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I like that one you posted, but I think if I had that one the guests would have to eat in the lawn. Just a little too big, that's why I'm leaning towards the 2 burner. We rarely entertain so I think it'll be enough space.

But yea, thanks guys it seems like all my concerns have been addressed as far as quality and heating ability. I knew weber was a good name but wasn't sure if it was just a reputation from the past or if they were still the best. Sounds like they are still on top

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I got the Weber Spirit E-210 as a housewarming gift from my parents last year (they've been using my bigger grille for years) and I love it. Fits nicely on my small 10'x8' balcony and can easily cook burgers and brats for 6-8 people. Just used it for shish kabobs yesterday.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Weber all the way and I'll x100000 everyone else's thoughts.

We went cheap last time and bought a two burner master forge from Lowe's that got decent reviews. I think we "saved" 250 bucks cheaper than a weber because I figured it wasn't worth it.

Well now this grill only made it 2 years and I need to replace a bunch of shit on it where I know a weber would have been fine. Don't cheap out on gas grills. You might be able to for charcoal though. My dad's weber lasted 8 or 9 years. It was incredible.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
If you want to save money, check craigslist. I paid $400 for my one year old Weber Genesis that listed for $799. Owner died. Grill needed cleaning but other than that, it was perfect. I'll clean a grill for $400. I do it for free now. LOL!

I haven't used a Spirit but people seem to give it the usual Weber high marks. If you feel like it, take a ride to Lowes and you can see the grill sizes in person. I needed at least a Genesis size because I cook for large crowds at times. Even with the Genesis I still have to use my smoker grill occasionally to get more grill area.

BlaqSnake

PC Pimp
May 13, 2006
Aurora, IL
Weber/close thread.

I have owned many grills. I will NEVER own another grill that is not a Weber.

Why?

Even heat distribution. Other grills cook burgers well done on one side of the grill and rare on the other.

Steady temperatures. I can set my weber at 325*, put a brisket on it and go to bed knowing when I wake up it will still be at 325*.

Replaceable parts. If something wears out on a Weber, you can buy replacement parts. Many other grills disappear after a few years and their replacement parts are non existent or nowhere to be found. Weber grills last for decades and parts are generally available.

For a smaller patio, try a Weber Genesis. I think you will be happy.

If I needed a new Weber, I'd probably buy this one. Don't need a new Weber, though, because they last forever. Granted, they are more expensive but, if they last as long as three other grills, who comes out ahead?

Amazon.com: Weber Genesis 6531001 E-330 637-Square-Inch 38,000-BTU Liquid-Propane Gas Grill, Black: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Good info here

I've had a 3 burner Genesis for 5 years now, and it's been great.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Parent's have I think a Genesis grill. They've had it for working on 20 years now, NEVER a problem. Still on the original burners I believe. I believe they just recently changed the grates and indirect heat grates. The outside is still flawless, but we've been very particular about using the cover that came with it. The inside of it is start to flake a bit, and maybe it's time for a coat of high temp paint. But when I was down for christmas this year, cooked up an awesome prime rib....to perfection.

/Weber

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info