đź”– Deals Stanley 5 drawer tool box at menards $70

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I just picked one up today. I'd say it's on par with the quality of the cheaper craftsman boxes. For $70 (after $20 rebate) it'll do it's job. I just need a place to keep all my tools in one place. Just thought I'd post up for everyone.

4b1b641a-8c03-8991.jpg

It's 26.4" wide x 14" deep x 53" high

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
I don't get it either...I've been looking on CL for a nice box, since I need my tools at work. Can't justify the 7-8K one's out there. I just want a box for under a hundo I can lock my shit in. I have an old Kennedy roller box in my garage, but not sure if I want it at work (it's vintage...lol)

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
The cheap tool boxes can't handle the abuse that the nice one's can. They can't withstand the day to day use that the expensive one's can from a mechinac put can put up to 1k pounds of weight that some of these tool can add up to. Let alone be able to slide open and closed with more then 100 pounds of weight in it with ease.

When you get your first taste of the expensive boxes,you understand why they are more money. My job doing cnc machining requires us to have a tool box but we don't need the heavy duty of the mechanics tool box but a craftsman wont cut it either. Something like either tool box posted above would last at most 5 years. Now having something like those at home for the occasional home mechinac works just perfectly.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
or they just have awesome incredible marketing plans that really work great on people in working positions...

especially when the biggest box at a shop is more of a status symbol than anything else.

ps ive had my experiences with "good" tool boxes. i still couldnt reason buying one for 7-8k. especially when some guy in a van charges me 35$ a week for 8 years. :rofl:

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
I don't get it either...I've been looking on CL for a nice box, since I need my tools at work. Can't justify the 7-8K one's out there. I just want a box for under a hundo I can lock my shit in. I have an old Kennedy roller box in my garage, but not sure if I want it at work (it's vintage...lol)

Kennedy still makes tool boxes, that's actually what I use and most cnc machinist use since it's a nice middle ground between the top end and cheap end. I got my box on sale for around 500$

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
or they just have awesome incredible marketing plans that really work great on people in working positions...

especially when the biggest box at a shop is more of a status symbol than anything else.

ps ive had my experiences with "good" tool boxes. i still couldnt reason buying one for 7-8k. especially when some guy in a van charges me 35$ a week for 8 years. :rofl:

I can agree with that especially the 10-15k tool boxes that have a fridge and tv and what not in it but if you spend 60+ hours a week at work, why not make your life a little easier and more comfortable.

I can justify the 3-5k boxes.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Kennedy still makes tool boxes, that's actually what I use and most cnc machinist use since it's a nice middle ground between the top end and cheap end. I got my box on sale for around 500$

I know they still make boxes. Mine was a hand-me-down of sorts. My mother-in-law was clearing out her husbands woodshop (he passed away). My brother in-law took the shiny Craftsman box...I took the Kennedy. Funny thing is, my brother in law probably still thinks he got the good box.

I'd say in today's dollars it would probably be in the $600-800 range easy; the box looks like it may be late 50's to early '60s. Nice rollers, solid box.

It's getting a little rusty on the bottom, but not bad...adds character.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I know they still make boxes. Mine was a hand-me-down of sorts. My mother-in-law was clearing out her husbands woodshop (he passed away). My brother in-law took the shiny Craftsman box...I took the Kennedy. Funny thing is, my brother in law probably still thinks he got the good box.

I'd say in today's dollars it would probably be in the $600-800 range easy; the box looks like it may be late 50's to early '60s. Nice rollers, solid box.

It's getting a little rusty on the bottom, but not bad...adds character.

sounds dirty. i like it.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Just walked through sears and glanced at their tool boxes. The exact same one I posted here is on sale for $129.99 :bowrofl:

Gimme a break sears.

Edit: and after looking at their comparable craftsman boxes; they look exactly the same. All the holes for the locks and whatnots are places the same.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info