đź”– Deals XBox 360 4GB Console + Extra Wireless Controller + Live 4000 Points + 12month Live

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
HDDs on the new xbox are just like the PS3, they're inside the console. The old xboxs (hdds on the top) use the ones that they sell that you can attach to the top, the new ones you can not...you have to take it apart to replace the drive.

Unless there's some sort of adapter for it that would work but I haven't seen anything

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
yeah, i dont know exactly how the new drives work, if its possible to swap with any old lap top drive like the ps3 can. IF that was possible it would be a cheap swap for sure, but im gonna guess M$ makes you buy their brand of shit. if it even allows you to swap in the first place. :dunno:

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
the old HDDs are just a 2.5'' laptop hdd in that enclosure m$ makes... take taht apart, take apart xbox, swap drive, boom. Don't know if there's any formatting or what not needed though...

oh and yeah, i'm serious. i've got the new xbox (reach edition) no more hdd on topytop

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
the old HDDs are just a 2.5'' laptop hdd in that enclosure m$ makes... take taht apart, take apart xbox, swap drive, boom. Don't know if there's any formatting or what not needed though...

oh and yeah, i'm serious. i've got the new xbox (reach edition) no more hdd on topytop

not that easy to swap drives, you gotta get the drive ids and all the bullshit from what ive read, its not straight up swap

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info