SRA to IRS swap

scca_stang

Owns Assault Rifles
Dec 4, 2008
Hey guys...

I have talking with another member of the board about a swap from SRA to IRS for John's 94 GT...

this other member has a 03 Cobra with IRS... pretty much the idea is that I will get his IRS and this other guy with get John's SRA...

What all is involved in the swap... I have heard that if you swap a 03 Cobra IRS into a 99-04 GT it bolts right in, but there are mods that need done to make it work in a 94-98...

I just want to see how involved it really is before I get myself in a pickle.

twn-trbo-svt

NEW GUY
Jan 23, 2009
hey guys...

I have talking with another member of the board about a swap from sra to irs for john's 94 gt...

This other member has a 03 cobra with irs... Pretty much the idea is that i will get his irs and this other guy with get john's sra...

What all is involved in the swap... I have heard that if you swap a 03 cobra irs into a 99-04 gt it bolts right in, but there are mods that need done to make it work in a 94-98...

I just want to see how involved it really is before i get myself in a pickle.
+!1^^^

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
1. the drive shafts are different. You would have to have the u-joints replaced.

2. the brakes are different so make sure those get swapped

3. make sure the other car has ABS and swap over the ABS sensors.

4. exhaust. you have to make sure that the other cars exhaust will fit. like a 3" midpipe will not fit a 2.5 catback.

other then that it all bolts right it.

scca_stang

Owns Assault Rifles
Dec 4, 2008
what part of the exhaust is different???

the 94 has stock exhaust, but I have a BBK Midpipe that I could through in the deal
I am also willing to give up the stock drive shaft and maybe we can wheel and deal the brakes for the aluminum drive shaft...

will the 94 Drive shaft fit the cobra (with SRA) if we swap the yoke? vise ersa?

and the 94 has ABS, so we could easily swap that stuff over.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
what part of the exhaust is different???

the 94 has stock exhaust, but I have a BBK Midpipe that I could through in the deal
I am also willing to give up the stock drive shaft and maybe we can wheel and deal the brakes for the aluminum drive shaft...

will the 94 Drive shaft fit the cobra (with SRA) if we swap the yoke? vise ersa?

and the 94 has ABS, so we could easily swap that stuff over.

IRS exhaust goes under the rear end. solid exhaust goes over the rear end.

The yoke (end that goes in the transmission) is different on a 6 speed. So you would have to swap those over (drive shaft to driveshaft)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info