Help!! Car wont shift into 2nd!!

Rfstang01

Regular
Oct 28, 2008
Hey guys i originally had a problem with my shifter not staying into 3rd so i adjusted it and now when ever im over 4000rpms and go to shift into 2nd it pops out or just stays there and the car just revs. But if its under 4000rpms it will go in fine with no problem. Then sometimes 3rd will do the same and rev. Any suggestions? Maybe Sychro's or clutch or maybe a bent shift fork or worst case scenario new transmission?

Rfstang01

Regular
Oct 28, 2008
UPDATE** Its a 2001 stock tranny gt, but anyway it was really pissing me off so i went out n drove it again and i noticed the shifter had ALOT of play in it like you could wiggle it all around and side to side and like 3rd gear looked like it would be 5th would be. Also sometimes when i would go to shift into 3rd it would put my back into first!!! But the main thing i discoverd is if you accelerate normal and let off the gas n shift slowly it will go into gear and be fine but it cant be above 3500 rpms and if it is it will jus go into the gear but not like grab the gear and go it will just basically rev up and go no where so basically my car is no longer fun to drive. I was thinking maybe the clutch because if i do it slowly it goes in but if i shift quickly it doesnt grab and just revs even though it looks like its in gear. PLEASE HELP what does everyone think....Sychros???Clutch???Bent Shift Fork??? or what please help guys this really sucks :((((((((((

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
welcome to the joy of the first runs of tr3650's
I've got one in my car and while it's not as bad as yours, it grinds second gear almost every time and whines in third. Sometimes won't go into second and just grind really bad when it's super cold.
I would just look around for a cheap t56 and swap that bitch out.
That's what I did. :)

Rfstang01

Regular
Oct 28, 2008
welcome to the joy of the first runs of tr3650's
I've got one in my car and while it's not as bad as yours, it grinds second gear almost every time and whines in third. Sometimes won't go into second and just grind really bad when it's super cold.
I would just look around for a cheap t56 and swap that bitch out.
That's what I did. :)

Ya it sucks man, mine doesnt even grind it just wont go in gear and just revs and the shifter is so sloppy it feels like 1st is in 5th and its horrible i think i might just do a rebuild

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info