"Theft" light blinking fast - car still starts

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
When I got in the 02 GT this morning, I immediately noticed that the "Theft" light was blinking very fast. This is before I even put the key in the ignition.

I put the key in and the car started, although it turned over slowly, probably due to the -15 degree weather and the fact that it's still the original battery.

I searched the Internet and couldn't find anything conclusive.

Any ideas why the Theft light would blink fast like that? Could it be because the battery is almost dead?

HeavyG

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 3, 2007
My theft light on the L has been blinking for almost 3 years now.....replaced a good battery 2 years ago with a new battery and it still persist's....

If your battery was bad it would show.....especially right now in this cold weather...

95mustang_gt

Apr 3, 2007
the reason the theft light would be blinking would be because it does not recognized the key in the ignition.Its part of the Pats system for ford.there is a chip in the key and the when you put the key in the ignition ,the module would read the key and see if its the right key code.for you to be able to start the car you might have a problem with the pats system.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info