trouble codes

Jan 31, 2007
car:procharged, 2v 4.6 mustang gt, 100,000 miles on whole car, shorty headers, 3.73 gears, 4R70w auto trans with no mods,
Problem:car runs perfect in every way but has codes. o/d light flashing, after repeat occurrences leads to check engine light. the car runs and shifts perfectly as if nothing at all is wrong.
the trouble codes:3 codes...
-P0602 CTRL MOD PROG ER (a code sometimes related to tune, generally speaking the computer doesnt like or understand something thats going on.
-P0705 TRANS RNG S CIR ER (something wrong between computer,wiring and transmission range sensor)
-P1702 TRANS RNG S INTER CIR ER (again, something wrong between computer, wiring and transmission range sensor)
steps ALREADY taken:
-erased trouble codes. o/d flashed again leading to check engine light again
-changed out transmission range sensor to new one, erased trouble codes and trouble codes returned 15 min after driving car again
-talked to a tuner, he doubts it has to do with tune, mechanical/electrical
-talked to SCT (my car's tune software) they suggest it may be wiring or that a tuner could go in and change acceptable ranges as not to generate trouble code again (not suggested)
-checked under hood and under car around transmission and have found no obvious problems with wiring. reachable connections clean and conected(dropping the tranny may be required to see everything under there or to change out this wir harness)
history: my car flashed this code combo ONCE in the middle of winter (not even enough to cause a check engine light) but it has not come back until now. Changed tranny fluid and trans filter about 2 weeks ago and circuit city installed completely new stereo system. Ford dealer put new shorty headers in 4 days ago. 2 days later after headers, the codes came.
these transmission codes are related to the external trans sensor which has been changed out.
ideas.....
the wiring, the computer
i doubt it is the tune because if it hasnt given me problems for like 2 years than why the hell would it be the tune now? no

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• MustangSteveGT
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list