prochamber vs xpipe....a toughie for me

hazmat404

Addict
Apr 26, 2005
alright, well lets start by saying i love the sound of my car...but, i think i want something different now. i have heard a few cobras around my area and they sound different. not quite as loud but to me (cause im always in my car and never outside listening to it) but sounds really really good. i have the setup in my signature. it sounds tough at idle and sounds tough when WOT and even when cruising but usually only over 2500rpms. i wish someone could drive my car then drive another car with an o/r prochamber and magnaflows so i can compare the sounds. ive listened to a lot of prochambers with magnaflows online but you know how that goes.

i dont mind losing some loudness for a little bit more "growl". if anyone has any input or thinks that i should start to look for a prochamber instead of the xpipe then throw it at me.

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
I can write more about this, if you wish, when I have some time, but, IMHO I would look into a UPR X. I had a Prochamber w/ my Bassani cb and it just didn't do it for me. All personal opinion ya know.

I sold my Bassani a couple weeks ago and went with the Magnaflow / UPR combo. :biggthump

If you are ever up in the NW burbs shoot me a PM & you can listen to mine.

UPR has much less rasp and is quieter that a Bassani, yet, has a tough X tone.

Another plus -> Not expensive at all.

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
All personal opinion. I've had the following over the past year or two.

Bassani with Bassani catted X
Bassani with o/r Bassani X
Bassani with Prochamber
Bassani with UPR o/r X
Magnaflow with UPR o/r X

If you like a raspy evil tone (and I do)... My personal experience tells me Bassani with o/r Bassani X hands down.

Bassani with UPR o/r X... Christ the drone @ 2100 - 2500 would shake the fillings out of your teeth.

When I talked to Larry @ Speed Inc. he said try the Magnaflows.
When I talked to Dave (Blood on Blood) he said set the Magnaflows up with the o/r UPR.

It sounded good... Not great... But, Dave said give it a little time to break in. After two weeks... There is a difference in tone from when it was originally installed & I really like it.

Just like music. Not everyones tastes are the same.

ITLLOWNU

oh hai!
Jan 1, 2008
x pipes only sound good with chambered mufflers. any thing else will be raspy

all a prochamber is, is basically a third muffler and will not flow as well as an x or h

a h pipe sounds great with everything almost and will deepen the sound without it becoming raspy like an x will do

ive had all 3 and they all can sound good but its all in what you want i guess:dancenana:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info