Pet Peevs about your car

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I had a HUGE list for the focus, but after having the mustang for a day, I'll confess my only dis-likes so far:

Where the hell is the trunk release button? Seriously?

No Trip computer, so its hard to calculate mileage/distance till empty.

stock CD Deck does not play MP3 CD's, the focus's did.

I don't mind any of it, because:

The car has the "Retains power until doors open" feature which I've wanted forever

I don't WANT to know how bad the mileage is...

I'll buy a double-din GPS/MP3/DVD headunit eventually :)

How about you guys?

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.
Leaks oil, needs a new wheel bearing, won't hold an idle after depressing the clutch once the engine is at operating temp unless you give it a little throttle, clutch is toast, wheels need to be redone, a couple interior trim pieces are missing under the dash, the dashboard has begun to warp slightly where the sun has made the glue release near the windshield.

I think that about covers it.

Ricky

MWIR.net
May 5, 2008
Aurora, IL
Real Name
Ricky
s2000- the radio is near worthless, the horn doesnt honk when you press the lock button twice, and you cant raise or lower the top if the vehicle is moving at all.

LOL @ radio, yeah it is. Your legs cover the main speaker so you can't hear shit. Unless you spend $$$ on the expensive headrest speakers, that sound system is indeed worthless.

I understand the top thing though, i imagine it's a safety measure so some retard doesn't try to open it on the highway going like 60+ and the top gets ripped off.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Well, Here's the Focus's list:

Automatic
Automatic
Automatic
A/C ANNIHILATED its power, moreso than any other car I've driven
CD player over heated after maybe an hour and a half of use and would stop playing
under-assisted power steering
Big trunk with a small area for entry
Rear seats folded 'flat' but the center saftey belt essentially tries pulling the seat backs up again.
Overly firm ride for being an eco box.

(keep in mind, that was 2 years of ownership, so of course the list is gonna be longish, I'd still recommend the car to anyone in the market for an eco box)

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Cheap Pontiac interior. Only one heated seat from the factory.

Otherwise, I just got the car back to 100 percent after a long time of: random trunk chime, bad O2 and resulting check engine light, plus getting the interior back together after being broken into and thrashed.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
hmmm......blind spots out the ass.....the ONLY power outlet isnt in the front by the radio its in the middle behind the 2 seats :ugh: ummmmmmmmm i cant really think of anything else right now

My fucking lighter flew out of my dashboard this morning going WOT 1-2 for the first time since test driving it, gonna need to find my little 'block off' plug wherever the hell that is, I might just get one from the dealer.

I LOVE that it has one in the armrest too for my cell phones, thats bad ass.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info