Nissan Skyline...(arlington heights nissan)

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Just wanted to say that my buddy gave me a call earlier to tell me that he seen 2 nissan skylines at the Arlington Heights Nissan dealership. He went there to look at cars (thinking of doing a trade in) and he ended up goin in there garage where he seen them.

*both sold of course*

The first one was stock that some guy traded in an M5 towards it and what not, and bought it for $75k

The second one had some work done to it and was sold for $111,000. :noes:

Now if only I had that much money.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
arlington heights eh? u know what generation of skyline? any more info? gtr? gts? r32? 33? 34? etc etc

those prices are obnoxious....u can get totally legit skylines for way under than unless we're talking r34s then ure talking some coin, but even then...

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
and it wasnt modded....unless he imported parts the only real company offering anything right now is cobb i think...so the 100k+ price he payed was horrible dealer markup. the elgin nissan by me had one w/ a sticker of 75k, it was a fucking steal

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
getting what done tho? nissan doesnt offer anything yet. nismo products havent been released yet either....so unless he had the dealer (or himself for that matter) buy aftermarket parts (which doesnt really exist yet beyond exhaust and a computer, which i dont even know if cobb has released for the US yet), i cant imagine any reason to pay 30k over msrp

edit: cobb has their accessport out for a g note

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
probably some performance stickers and a salesman telling him it had "after market stuff" lol, I didn't even think you could mod those period? I though anything you try to modify on the car the computer tells you to phuck off? Am i wrong? I probably am, I'm a little behind on Nissan stuff.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
theres a few exhaust systems out that add some power but not a huge amount...you can do high flow cats. the jdm computer was pretty whorish about what u can and cant do but most companies have cracked it and you can do whatever now. a simple tune of the ecu is yielding 50-80hp

cobb is investing alot in GTR parts so i'm sure they'll have plenty out after awhile..buuut from what ive gathered, and this is more a personal opinion, ure not gonna see huge numbers out of this car like u did out of the old skylines

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Someone that wouldn't bat an eye at spending 111k on a 70k dollar car might do it. I'm sure its expensive but somebody will do it, and they'll get mad props.

mad props for ruining a perfectly good car? This is the gt-r you are talking about right?! If someone wanted an rb they should have just bought an older one, why would you want to destroy that car by swapping it? Its not fast enough for you guys? It's not a drag car, its a road race car and it does that very very well according to its lap times at the nb-ring. Small motors require a pretty big air pump to make 1000 hp which means lag, lag on a road course is detrimental to the lap times, not to mention the 1500-2000 rpm power band. The power hits hard and all at once with a big turbo another thing not to have on a road course. I hope nobody ruins the gt-r just to make it run better 1/4 mile times... Look what happened to the evo, how many of those do you see at a road course, same with sti's? The ones you do see on the road course with the proper mods own.

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
mad props for ruining a perfectly good car? This is the gt-r you are talking about right?! If someone wanted an rb they should have just bought an older one, why would you want to destroy that car by swapping it? Its not fast enough for you guys? It's not a drag car, its a road race car and it does that very very well according to its lap times at the nb-ring. Small motors require a pretty big air pump to make 1000 hp which means lag, lag on a road course is detrimental to the lap times, not to mention the 1500-2000 rpm power band. The power hits hard and all at once with a big turbo another thing not to have on a road course. I hope nobody ruins the gt-r just to make it run better 1/4 mile times... Look what happened to the evo, how many of those do you see at a road course, same with sti's? The ones you do see on the road course with the proper mods own.

Holy Moesha. I understand that the new GT-R's motor is great. I just think its cool when people do custom shit. That would be very custom and bring back a sense of nostalgia. Sorry for being curious :(

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
That's what I don't get as well (paying so much for a car that could barely get modded..at least at the moment).

All I know it was getting some work done. Who knows...doesn't necessarily mean it was getting modded with performance parts. But I have no clue. If I can get some more info, then I'll be gladly to post it up.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Yeah might be getting some performance stuff done, which is cool any car no matter how fast it comes from the factory can always use a little somethin' somethin'. However pulling out the perfectly good motor so you can make a 1000hp is just plain ignorant....sorry but yea... ignorant.

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
Yeah might be getting some performance stuff done, which is cool any car no matter how fast it comes from the factory can always use a little somethin' somethin'. However pulling out the perfectly good motor so you can make a 1000hp is just plain ignorant....sorry but yea... ignorant.

Haha, that word is being thrown around a bit today isn't it. Ricky, Jennifer, 12.50someday. I don't understand why you have such a problem with me thinking that putting an older motor into a newer car is cool. Nowhere did I say that the new motor was inferior to the old. The old motor was legendary. I respect the old motor. The new one has something to prove. I don't think the new motor will ever have a following like the old one. The new GT-R will never be loved as much as the older Skylines. I think it would be equally as cool to put a new GT-R motor into an older Skyline. Am I still ignorant? :dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info