Upgrades

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
for wheels most run 245width, 18s' and 45 aspect ratio.....05 and up should be the same, if you use a 05 pcm though, you may have issues if you bring it in for warranty work:dunno:.........
Comp G suspension or:

http://www.heldmotorsports.com/WBody/Coilovers.htm

+

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?perfPackages=1&pkgid=121
^both the one at the top, and the trailing arms at the bottom

about 2k for full suspension :)

Edit, you may need some things for the GMPP kit to work, cause the Swaybars bolt to the lower control arm, but in your car they bolt to the shock

Last edited:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
i would just leave the engine alone IMO. your not going to get a ton of performance with bolt-ons from the N/A and its supposed to be your family car.

you could get a nice set of headers and a cat-back if you want some more sound and better mpg (with the headers)

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Compg struts with some lowering springs. GXP struts are better but far more expensive. Then front and rear STB's for cheap! Its a good start and you will be happy! Some SPO exhaust tips if you have the ugly pig nose exhaust tips. SPO grills of any color if you like that kind of look.

Now that i think about it you have a single exhaust. never mind on the spo tips.

Last edited:

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Suspension was the best upgrade on my car without a doubt. On an NA Grand Prix, however, I would just leave well enough alone. You could throw a nice intake setup, downpipe and catback for sound, and maybe gain a little extra mpg too.

With a new PCM, you'd likely have to run premium or 91 since I think most will advance the timing and such.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
You wouldnt have to run more octane with a reprogrammed PCM per say. You could leave the stock WOT timing, but up the cruise timing for more reaction and a MPG bump. Ported manifolds and a DP should do you good enough for exhaust mods. A Home Depot intake with a cone is the best you can do for the money. Air boxes cost way too much IMO for what they do. A set of ER rockers will do your top end very well and is about a 2 hour bolt on taking your time.

FWIW, I ran high 14s with my old GT and another local guy ran low 14s. He was cammed and I was running rockers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info