mad misfiring

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
did my first spray run of the season tonight at rt66 and broke something...

first gear ran fine, then second wasn't accelerating w/ spray...

It was misfiring pretty badly and so I parked it and pulled out the front bank of plugs and they all looked fine.

rear bank and the first one I pulled was this:
completely took off the metal overhang part and the porcelain is all broke up.
IMG_1680.jpg

(I know it's a bad pic but eh...)

so I replaced that plug and it was still misfiring but not as badly.
I then got a code reader to tell me there are multiple misfires and misfire in cylinder 5 which is in the rear bank driver side. started to pull that plug in the advance parking lot in batavia, but I got sick of my car and decided to drive it some more misfiring home and just work on it tomorrow...

Anyone know what could have happened to cause this? I've had a nitrous intake backfire and now blown plugs...

and crawlin, saw your companies mustang there runnin. looked good and sounded mean as all get.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
with nitrious u should of been changing your plugs or at least checking them alot more... lets hope that piece isnt still in your engine...

your engine was running to hot, or the plugs were getting old and weak. and sadly they break apart liek that

and im going to have to agree with mike sadly.... it doesnt look good for your engine

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
with nitrious u should of been changing your plugs or at least checking them alot more... lets hope that piece isnt still in your engine...

your engine was running to hot, or the plugs were getting old and weak. and sadly they break apart liek that

and im going to have to agree with mike sadly.... it doesnt look good for your engine

it's gotta be out of there by now since it's been driven 30-40 miles already since it happened...

these plugs were changed back in oct when I blew apart my UIM. They had about 4-6k miles on them and the ones that were good from the front bank looked just fine...

hopefully it's not a chipped piston (or 2...), but if so, piston and ring sets for my motor aren't hard to find and I'll have a new learning experience of pulling apart a motor. I'm pretty pessimistic. haha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info