Got a Problem with a new stereo

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Ok I got a new stereo for the 04 cobra. Its an original unit out of a wrecked Ford so all the hook ups are the same except this unit has sattelite and GPS and I like the way it looks better than the 04. So my problem is I hooked everything up and I test it by playing a cd and there is no bass at all or treble it sounds very bland. The GPS and evertyhing works fine just it seems that this head unit is not using the 2 amps in the back.

Does anyone know how to fix this? And why this is? Is it that the stock unit is rated for 460 watts and this one is not if so how do I fix this? Thanks

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
If I remember right, there are two separate plugs that have to be connected. One for the power/ground and front speakers and one that goes to the rear amps. If your head unit has both plugs and it's still not working, it may not be set up to work with the stupid Mach system amps. Maybe it doesn't have a remote turn on wire or something.

Do a search and check out my previous posts on the topic if you want more info. I don't remember exactly what I posted at the time.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
If I remember right, there are two separate plugs that have to be connected. One for the power/ground and front speakers and one that goes to the rear amps. If your head unit has both plugs and it's still not working, it may not be set up to work with the stupid Mach system amps. Maybe it doesn't have a remote turn on wire or something.

Do a search and check out my previous posts on the topic if you want more info. I don't remember exactly what I posted at the time.

Yes it does have the 2 plugs in the back. Ok so did you do this to your car? And did you get it to work?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Yes it does have the 2 plugs in the back. Ok so did you do this to your car? And did you get it to work?

I switched to an aftermarket head unit and wanted to tie it into the Mach 460 speakers for the time being. I ended up using adapters sold by Crutchfield to get the back amps to work. Here's the thread. http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php3?t=14605&highlight=mach+460+adapter

One thing you could look at is if each of the plugs has the same amount and placement of wires as its mate. If you are missing a matching wire, that might be the problem.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
I switched to an aftermarket head unit and wanted to tie it into the Mach 460 speakers for the time being. I ended up using adapters sold by Crutchfield to get the back amps to work. Here's the thread. http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php3?t=14605&highlight=mach+460+adapter

One thing you could look at is if each of the plugs has the same amount and placement of wires as its mate. If you are missing a matching wire, that might be the problem.

yea its exactly the same amound of wires on both head units. Im deifinetly gonna give the adapters a try. Where do I buy them and how much? And thanks for the info I appreciate it.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
yea its exactly the same amound of wires on both head units. Im deifinetly gonna give the adapters a try. Where do I buy them and how much? And thanks for the info I appreciate it.

I don't know enough about your head unit to guess if the adapters will help. If you want to try them, Audio Outfitters has them for around $14. Here's the 04 adapters. http://www.audiooutfitter.com/70-5521/metra/p104683.html

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info